Dive Italy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm sorry all my articles are in Italian only but I can tell you... it depends in what you're looking for. If you like wrecks don't miss Haven in Genoa, if you love caves, then Naples' zone is better,...

So I can suggest you: go to Genoa, stay a week in there then move to Elba...

ciao, Marco

My 14 year old son and I may be visiting Italy in March 2005 with a group. We hope to dive while in Capri for the day. What can you tell me about the diving conditions that time of year. He is a beginner diver.

Thank you,
Bill

Am thinking about a trip this winter over the Holidays. Just beginning the research. Curious about info on this area. Be interested to know about operations, temps, vis, etc. Plz reply to ~ rickgoldin@comcast.net. Much obilged :)

The Station

There is nothing special about the station that could make it worth mentioning.
It's simply a large container with one bench in the front of it.
It realy isn't verry inviting so that you rather perfer to clean your diving equipment and head out to your hotel so you can relax there!!
That's about the only thing I did not like.

Dive Guide

The owner "Detlef" fractured a few bones through a motorbike accident.
Therefor he was not able to go scuba diving, but he made arrangements with his help, so that the diving can go on.
His assistant "Andrea" showed right away that she knows where the best diving areas are.

Dive Areas

All dive areas where only reachable by boot.
A few things you will see for sure:
- Murays
- Octapuses
- Snails in different sizes
- Barracudas in large swarms

Also you will see large rocks covered with colorful sponges.

http//:www.hoehlentauchen-sardinien.de

My performance appraisal for Tauchbasis Anna Maria

4 of 6 possible stars :wink:

I dove in Malta this past summer. It was my first time diving in the Med but it was an interesting experiance. I was shocked at how clear the water was. We dove on the small island between Gozo and the main island of Malta. If you want to see what Malta looks like watch the movie "Count of Monte Cristo". All most the entire movie was shot in Malta. The water there is SO BLUE!!!!! There are several Wrecks from WWII and others as well as some cave dives.

Hi there I'm based in Malta myself and started diving just last summer. Malta is one of the prime sites in the mediterranean with a number of good diving centres and excellent dive sites, including wreck dives, drop offs, caves etc. One of the great advantages of Malta, apart from the excellent diving, is that the locals speak english, which faciliates everything. Ive been on a WWII wreck (the HMS Maori) and done some dives off Gozo, the sister island..they were great..especially the blue hole, inland sea etc.. There are also lots of possibilites for sightseeing for accompanying non-divers, so I guess its worth considering.

Malta man is so right. Malta is worth the short flight or ferry ride from Italy. And the dive sites are realy great. In fact I dove the HMS Maori which is around 60 to 70 feet and it is a beach dive! Right next to the fort at the mouth of the harbour. AMAZING!!! Great Country!!! There is a Night life and SO much history on such a small island!

Diversauras:
Next time go out to Capri and dive the Blue Grotto, it is even more magic underwater that in a dingy.

Capri is beautiful, I have to agree. I was not a diver when I went, but the Blue Grotto was just fantastic! Do they really allow scuba divers to dive there?? I've also heard that Lake Como is supposed to be good diving. Has anyone else heard that, or been diving there?

Danny Valerio:
I've also heard that Lake Como is supposed to be good diving. Has anyone else heard that, or been diving there?

Como is not the best of the lakes IMO. Garda is better. The diving is not that great in any of the Italian lakes, but if you live nearby its nice to have at the weekends!! Some friends are hoping to survey Garda this summer to find the WW2 wrecks in there. If they are successful this will make it worth the trip. However, they will be deep trimix dives.

BTW Malta is NOT in Italy - it is just south of Sicily, but a country in its own right.

Chris

As MAD said Italy is full of nine paces where to dive. My personal list includes Ustica (the biggest grouper i met), Genoa (portofino marine park & the several wrecks among wich the Haven), the tuscany islands (Elba, Giglio, Giannutri), Sicily in general.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom