Dive logs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by sierra
....Check it out if you get a chance, one of the nice things about logging dives online is the ability to browse through other divers logs.

Sierra

Is there a way to prevent others from viewing anothers logbook? I don't have anything to hide, I'll give you any information I have in my logbook, but I don't want anyone but me to have access to it.

It looks like a cool program but that's the main reason I don't use DiveLogs.com.

Hey Dee, thanks for the input. I just finished adding a privacy feature to the site. You can now make your dive logs public or private. If you have any other comments or ideas I would love to hear them.

Thanks again,
Sierra

I have 2 log books running simultaneously. As I don't have a computer yet, I use the small book to record depths, times, etc and any marine life during the surface intervals. When we get back, the group usually spend some more time chatting about the dives, and looking through fish books, so I get out the bigger log book, and put down a detailed description of the dive. Plenty of room for stamps, and also some of our diving buddies like to add a little note of their own, which is always nice to read again.

Personaly I use the suunto divemanager mostly because i use a suunto dive computer and can get nice charts on my dives and also check out all the info on the dives such as deapth curves wich tells me alot more how I am as a diver than a traditional loggbook. if I am a jojo diver then it shows immediatly
and if someone wants to see my logs I either show them on the PC or the dive computer (playback function).
a loogbook is pretty easy to fake, but to fake alot of dives on a divecomputer is harder. (still possible but harder)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom