Dive mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm shopping for another mask right now.
I thought I wanted the Sea Vision color masks, but I have found out they are a plastic lens. I've always used glass and I'm not sure if this is a good change or not.
The Aqua Lung Hawaii 2 sounds interesting. Can you tell me more.
I'm also interested in hearing more about the Scuba Pro Fino. Plastic or glass?
Thanks in advance.
:sunny:
Dive the Planet, then repeat,
Natasha

I'd recommend checking out the Ocean Master line of masks. They come in varous lens designs, some low volume. The purge in the nose is fantastic. I've got over 80 hours of bottom time with mine and have probably had to clear my mask perhaps 5-10 times only. I also have a moustach which with other masks I've tried has been a source of leakage.

Keep Blowing Bubbles,

Originally posted by Natasha [The Aqua Lung Hawaii 2 sounds interesting. Can you tell me more.[/B]

Hi Natasha, here is a link to the Hawaii 2 mask from the Aqua Lung website. It isn't a very good picture but it is a nice low volume mask with good sturdy strap adjustment and easy clearing.
http://www.aqualung.com/catalog/masks.htm#hawaii2

does anyone have any experience with Tusa's Splendive Iv or the Liberator Plus?

mahalo,
mako

I dive the Liberator with the semi-prescription lenses. I am thinkin of going with Sea Vision... color AND size correcting, with real-prescription (including bi-focal) for about two bills. Should do it as soon as some more clients shell out what they owe me.

:tease:

NetDoc,

I guess you missunderstood my ???

what i would like to know is if the masks are good and if anyone would recomend them.

aloha,
mako

I understood it; I just failed to answer it... :tease: I am really burned out from dealing with too many virii, and this NY disaster. HOWEVER, THE ANSWER is...

The Liberator is a good mask. It does not like my mustache, but does better than most. I have given up on a seal for my upper lip, and will live with a wet nose for the rest of my life... I guess that makes me a True "Sea Dog". It's best feature, though is the corrective lenses at a very affordable cost. However, I think $200 for all the bells and whistles in the Sea Vision mask is quite worth it, and will be investing that soon.

Clear??? If not, check the thread on anti-fogs... :tease:

Back
Top Bottom