dive op reco

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RE: Maui dive center. You get the full tank. They provide air, weights and training. You are the only one in the tank. There is a waiting list so plan early...Id want to be overweighted some in there, the bottom is where you want to be....I'll post pics when I get to do it....Per one of my navy diver budddies, "IT WAS THE BEST DIVER I HAVE EVERY DONE!"....Besides, anybody can dive IN a cage.

I can only address Maui diving as I have lived here for 11 years.
If you are diving at Molokini Crater I suggest you take a dive boat out of the Kihei Boat Harbor (ramp). The boat ride is about 15 minutes. Boats out of the Lahaina area will take about 45 minutes.
Some good South Maui boat operators are:
Mike Severns Diving
Ed Robinson Diving Adventures
B&B Scuba

Be very selective with your Maui boat operators. Many take snorkelers along as well as Intro Divers. That translates to a shallow second dive location which is closer to shore which often has por vis due to ocean conditions. It may even determine a lesser quality first dive choice at Molokini.

All the boat operators do Molokini as their first dive. Molokini is the best diving for Maui.

Do not be misled into believing any boat (except one) will guaranty you a Back Wall dive at Molokini. They can't. That is determined on the day of the dive by the divers on board and their experience levels.

Maui Dive Shop is the ONLY boat operator that does a specific one tank Back Wall dive at Molokini two days a week. It is $69.00. I do not recommend them for regular boat diving as they routinely go to Five Caves (aka Five Graves) for their second dive. Five Caves is an over-rated dive site that is packed with tour boats. It can be done as a shore dive so why charge people to go there for a boat dive? This is true of many of the boat operators. You will see turtles at Five Caves at the expense of the rest of the dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom