Dive Operator in Coron,Busuanga (and other stuff)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

errrmm... turtles and rays in coron? the only significant life form i saw during those wreck dives were batfishes. expect a different kind of adventure, maggie :D wrecks, cave, lake :thumbs-up go with discovery divers. gunther's a cool guy :) and the korean dm we got was a pretty good sport

here's that trip report:
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=126664&highlight=coron+palawan

enjoi, dear! :D

We had a great time at Discovery Divers. Günter is very helpful & fun to hang-out with after the diving. Ask for Ron Edmond to guide you if Günter is not diving with you.

Yes, there are turtles in Coron but not in the wrecks. We saw a couple of turtles in "Alcatraz".

i've done divelink... nice enough place with a pool for when you're not in the salt water...

you always have to dive with your DM??? none of my beezwax but you might get too dependent on him... maybe it's time to take the training wheels off

Jag

no, this is my buddy who just finished his dm certification in PG. :). i have dove with five dms already :), so far, so good. but all PG-based (except on my bora dive which sucks major). i havent dive with my instructor lately; he got busy with other students.

if i do not fancy wreck diving that much, is there any other spot in coron dive sites worth visiting?

@pak: yada, yada, yada, yada.... :p

rhadamantus:
no, this is my buddy who just finished his dm certification in PG. :). i have dove with five dms already :), so far, so good. but all PG-based (except on my bora dive which sucks major). i havent dive with my instructor lately; he got busy with other students.

if i do not fancy wreck diving that much, is there any other spot in coron dive sites worth visiting?

Gunther's Cathedral and Barracuda Lake....

saw lots of blue-spotted rays, turtles, sharks and a four-foot barracuda in club paradise and nearby islands. a bit far from most dive ops in coron though.

I-NSC:
Korean guy - Bryan Kim

Yes, Bryan's also cool.

rhadamantus:
...if i do not fancy wreck diving that much, is there any other spot in coron dive sites worth visiting?

near the east tangat (gunboat) is a long and shallow reef dive. you may also opt to dive alcatraz (the rock), this is where we saw a turtle & a huge school of fusilier.

rhadamantus:

don't knock the wrecks till you see them... they're really amazing... as in amazing...

and i was able to descend into the hold of the olympia maru... surreal... otherworldly... unforgettable...

Jag

Back
Top Bottom