Dive operators in Sodwana Bay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

+1 for Triton Dive Charters although it's probably irrelevant seeing as you'd be staying at Sodwana Bay Lodge who runs very good diving operations as well. No reason to dive with another operator if you'll be staying there anyway.

I see Coral Divers received a fair bit of praise in this thread so allow me to be the fly in the ointment. I would strongly advise against using them. As a company who's proven time and again that they they don't care squat for the environment and the well being of marine creatures, I make it a point of not using them and not recommending them.

A few people have mentioned "busy times of year" at Sodwana Bay. I'm planning on being up there this year from 24-28 October; is that a busy time of the year?

As this is during the week it will not be that busy. Most of the divers in South Africa are still locals so weekends are the busy times here. Have you arranged your diving there? I dive with Amoray Diving as they are a smaller outfit and have "unlimited" dive times. Hate being pulled out the water early. Are you also going to Aliwal south of Durban?

I agree that Coral is not the best in Sodwana. They have very young staff members that do not have the best experience as they are there doing there zero to hero courses. Sodwana Bay Lodge is good but I prefer Amoray Diving with Colin as they dive unusual places, smaller groups and "unlimited" dive times! He is also amazing with Nudibranchs if you like them

Lucky bugger !!!! Must make a trip up there sometime.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

Just thought I'd let you all know, I'll be diving Aliwal Shoal this weekend. YAY:D

Sharks at Aliwal, where do you operate? We'll be diving with OceanWorx. Only been there once before and loved it.

Sorry missed this but was in Mozambique for the week. I have a B&B and dive centre called Agulhas House. Hope you had a great time with Carl and Juan. Have a look at our place sometime Agulhas House - Umkomaas Accomodation | Aliwal Shoal | Scuba Diving | PADI Dive Courses

After four days of diving with Triton I can give them a huge thumbs up. The staff were very welcoming, professional and highly competent at organising and running the diving itself. I hard a number of a negative reports about Coral Divers (including a fantastic letter in a South African diving magazine that rather summed up their failings in one giant rant - if not staying there, try popping in a buying something from their shop; rarely have I encountered such a poor reception to someone wanting to spend money in an establishment).

Anyway, Triton were great. Had seven dives on 2-mile with visibility ranging from 15 to 25 metres, sea temperature between 22 and 23 degrees Celsius and lots of sea life to see both underwater and above (whales and dolphins galore last week). Our one dive at 7-mile was good, with the reef looking superb but poor visibility after recent storms and heavy rains was a pity.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom