Dive planning software logistics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you use DPlan (GUE), when you plan a dive, and tap on "report" it will give you a deep deco stop. You can begin deco stops at this depth and take off the time at shallower stops. ( It appears that it begins at approx. 80% of the depth.)

Robert :doctor:

DocRCH once bubbled...
If you use DPlan (GUE), when you plan a dive, and tap on "report" it will give you a deep deco stop. You can begin deco stops at this depth and take off the time at shallower stops. ( It appears that it begins at approx. 80% of the depth.)

Robert :doctor:

Hmmmm.... This doesn't look like a very good option. I planned a dive to 190 for 30 on 18/45. It gives me first stop at 130. When I go to report it gives "140" under "deco max", no stop time. I don't think I'd be comfortable just doing a minute or 2 at 140 and taking it off "somewhere shallower".

Using the same program a much better way to do this is to enter your main bottom plan, then tap "add" and enter your deep stop desired depth and time, then tap "plan" and let it take the time off the shallower stops.

Tom

If I understand gradient factors what this is saying is that based on the Lo gradient factor 130 is your first stop. But...Offgasing starts at 140. At 140 and above you want to make sure that your ascent speed is at what you have chosen for your deco ascent speed. If you were to modify the profile, as many do, you would not want to stop below 140 because, at least according to the model, you are not offgassing but ongassing. 140 I think is what you would get for a stop depth if your Lo gradient factor was zero. which would be where the leading tissue intersects the ambient presure line.

I may not have explained that well. Check out the articles on the GUE site. There is also some good stuff in the GAP documentation. Both programs use gradient factors.

Yea Mike, that's correct as I understand it. btw, I use 10-90 for GF.

Tom

I'll run some schedules with those factors and see how they compare with V-planner. I felt real good after diving V-planner with the weenie factor set to 4.

MikeFerrara once bubbled...
I'll run some schedules with those factors and see how they compare with V-planner. I felt real good after diving V-planner with the weenie factor set to 4.

I've done some pretty aggressive dives with V-planner, it works well. I generally set all my weenie factors to very aggressive/non-conservative then extend my 20 foot stop (I always set last stop to 20)a bit depending on how I feel. Setting the GF like I do gives me deeper stops than the default.

Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom