Dive Recommendations Near Jupiter,Fl

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boynton is a bit further south and has good mid-depth dives too. Check out Under Water Explorers and Splashdown or any of the other boats in Two Georges marina

The Boynton Beach reef drift dives are at about 55-60 feet. Nitrox is still a good idea, you will get in two nice dives, probably limited by your gas, and will not have to worry about the SI. The reefs are beautiful and the number and diversity of reef fish is second to none. I use Underwater Explorers, Starfish, and Loggerhead. The former two have online reservation systems. There are two other operators in Boynton Harbor Marina that I have not used, Splashdown and Dolphin Sun.

The water temp will likely be in the low to mid-70s. For me that is at least my 5mm full suit if not my 7mm, either often with a hooded vest. It is often quite windy and easy to get chilled on the SI, a good boat coat is worth its weight in gold. I will be in Boynton Beach March 11-20, message me if that overlaps with your visit and you would like to do some dives there. Boynton Beach is about 30 miles south of Jupiter.

Enjoy your visit. I second those who have warned you that you may end up living in this part of SE Florida, I did, the diving is fantastic.

Good diving, Craig

Thank you everyone for the advice! While i will be staying in Jupiter I am not limiting myself to only diving there. Really just trying to stay somewhat local and find the best diving suitable to my experience level. I would love to be nitrox certified before going, but unfortunately I don't know if I will have the time before leaving.

All that said I could not be more excited to get down there and in the water!

My LDS in NC is doing a dive trip down to Pompano Beach for our AOW. Before I went I wanted to get Nitrox certified. I went to my LDS a few weekends ago, picked up the book on a Monday and took the certification test and tested tanks on that Saturday.

My AOW dives start on a Saturday, but I'm getting into PSL to visit friends on that Thursday. I wouldn't mind going diving on that Friday. Even though it wouldn't bother me to have to drive to Jupiter or WPB, any recommendations closer by?

Last edited:
My LDS in NC is doing a dive trip down to Pompano Beach for our AOW. Before I went I wanted to get Nitrox certified. I went to my LDS a few weekends ago, picked up the book on a Monday and took the certification test and tested tanks on that Saturday.

My AOW dives start on a Saturday, but I'm getting into PSL to visit friends on that Thursday. I wouldn't mind going diving on that Friday. Even though it wouldn't bother me to have to drive to Jupiter or WPB, any recommendations closer by?

PSL=Port St Lucie? Contact Sheeper (post #3 and #7). Jupiter is only about a half hour away.

PSL=Port St Lucie? Contact Sheeper (post #3 and #7). Jupiter is only about a half hour away.

I've contacted a couple of shops in Jupiter. Jupiter Dive Center and Capt Sl8r both seem to be reputable dive operators that will give you a good experience. I get into Melbourne around 11am on a Thursday. Since I'm down there, I'd like to get in as much diving as I can. If I can find a dive buddy, any recommendations for some shore diving between Melbourne and Jupiter?

give me a shout...happy to hook you up!

I've contacted a couple of shops in Jupiter. Jupiter Dive Center and Capt Sl8r both seem to be reputable dive operators that will give you a good experience. I get into Melbourne around 11am on a Thursday. Since I'm down there, I'd like to get in as much diving as I can. If I can find a dive buddy, any recommendations for some shore diving between Melbourne and Jupiter?
There is none, unless conditions are extremely unusual from around vero to ft pierce.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom