Dive Report: Destin East Jetty 3/20/10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IMG_1450.jpg

Looks like all the fixings needed to have heartburn hell for the next 12 hours.

Destin Boat House is the name of the place I think. It's almost directly across the street from ScubaTech, and it's a hole-in-the-wall on a wharf.

This dish is called the S.O.B. Burger. Barry said it was good, but not as good as McGuire's burgers (if there is such a thing). Their gumbo is pretty good too. Nice and spicy, and PLENTY of shrimp. It's not as good as the gumbo I can get in Mobile (or New Orleans of course) but it's the best I've yet to find in Destin.

Thanks for the report. I was going to try a dive this afternoon but the wind has churned stuff up pretty bad. Maybe tomorrow ????

Enjoyed the video.

Great report, as usual. I might add that the anchor is the most exposed I've ever seen. Probably over 80%. And the dredging has changed the look of the rubble at the end of the jetties where the anchor is at. I saw two nice big stingrays as well but they were small ones. All in all a nice dive with very little to look at in terms of marine life. I think it will get much better in the next couple of weeks though.

Hrmmm I wonder if the second anchor might be getting exposed again? That'd be sweet.

It may be completely exposed from the dredging? But since I've never seen it I can't say.

Water could have been warmer, but it was a good dive.I will put it on the redo beach list.Hetland is still batting 1000 for picking dive sites when the vis is not good , we were blessed to have 30ft. I salute him,( ONE SECRET TO GOOD DIVES IS AN EXPERIENCED DIVE TEAM) of which I am thankfull to be a part of.One thing that has not been mentioned is Mr.X-ray:devil: crab fetish, it is fun trying to get a 3" blue crab from under your hood :pilot:(no it did not swim under there).Will have to return that to him some time for sure:voodoo:A great way to spend a day of your life,diving with friends.

Could you explain the "walk of shame"....for those of us not in the know?

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:This is one thing everyone should at least experience once. Explaining walking in soft sand for 300 yards fully geared is one thing, but experiencing it in 90+ temps is another.

Thats the trek from the public beach access point to where you get in the water at. It is about 300yards..........

Could you explain the "walk of shame"....for those of us not in the know?

Back
Top Bottom