Dive Report: Destin Jetties 3-14-2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great shots Bill! Great to dive with you again, and the debrief at McGuire's was nice as well.

Here are a couple more including an odd sighting of a remorah on a sitting then swimming stingray.

P3142624-1.jpg

P3142693.jpg

P3142653.jpg

P3142602.jpg

P3142679.jpg

P3142680.jpg

Great jelly shot.

Always great to dive with Yoda....and I owe him one for the assistance.

A couple of images:

crab1.jpg

smallfish3.jpg

smallfish4.jpg

I always try to get images of fish I don't already have... and found a very tiny fish that looked like a yellow tadpole...particularly when swimming, which it did not seem to really want to do.... I eventually picked it up in my hand... and when I let it down...this guy swam by and swallowed it.

smallfish9.jpg

He swam about a foot, stopped got a very ugly look on his face and spit the little guy out...

Here is the best picture I have of it....

smallfish2.jpg

Guess baby scorpion fish...but not sure.

To put in a size perspective, those are grains of sand on him.. and about 5 are the size of one of his eyes.

That was a baby toadfish just like this one I found:

tiny.jpg

So what does a Toad fish taste like? It must not be very appealing!

That was a baby toadfish just like this one I found:

tiny.jpg

I made the mistake of putting him in my right hand, so I could not hold the camera and take a picture... nice pictureby the way. Mine had fish stomach slime stuck on it.

Given the reaction of the fish, it had to be terrible tasting, but it may just have been all those spines.. which the adults don't seem to have.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom