Dive Report-Panama City Beach,June-09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well people should post facts, or be prepared for this.

Well to a new diver usually what the captian tells you unless you know better is what you have to believe. Sorry what i said was such a Big mistake in your eyes . You sure know how to newbiekill. With ya'lls attitude it s a wonder anyone new gets into the sport.:mooner:

Not trying to belittle you at all.. if you think you were in 10ft seas and lived but were actually in half that wouldnt you like to know that.. You might have the perception that 10ft seas are safe and well, not really..Thats surfing weather.. Would rather you be safe than sorry.

Well to a new diver usually what the captian tells you unless you know better is what you have to believe. Sorry what i said was such a Big mistake in your eyes . You sure know how to newbiekill. With ya'lls attitude it s a wonder anyone new gets into the sport.:mooner:

:baby:

Oh, and it's captain, not "captian".

I have to agree with you here, why are you all bashing on this guy?

Even if he is wrong, enjoy the story and say, "Wow, that's nuts!" to others say, "Man, that guy is so FOS, but it made for a good story!"

:D

I have to agree with you here, why are you all bashing on this guy?

Even if he is wrong, enjoy the story and say, "Wow, that's nuts!" to others say, "Man, that guy is so FOS, but it made for a good story!"

:D

Damn Frank! 1470 posts!!! you live here now too?

I am glad you had a good dive. I hope to do my advanced check out before long. I hope to dive in PC this week. I hhave a bumed leg so I hope I can get in and out ok. Can nor wait for a taste on the big pond.

:baby: I want to see a tank explode. :D

:police:
NOT A Mod Post:
I agree that if a new diver believes they were in 10' seas for any reason, then they should feel free to post that. However, when someone tells you otherwise, accept that maybe they know something. If they post NOAA information, it is likely somewhat accurate (NOAA is a fly by night operation ya know :shakehead:). More than likely, the captain was a Maverick and was acting tough trying to impress the new diver.....just to make your story better. As a new diver, you need to accept that sometimes (more often than not), other more experiecned divers actually may know better than you. Accept that and be open to others and the "newbiekilling" will all but stop I bet :D.
:police:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom