Dive Report-Panama City Beach,June-09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Greengo, Congrats on your AOW. We can't wait to see your pictures! Give us a shout if you need some help getting them uploaded.

Greengo, we all love dive reports, and encourage you to post as often as you wish, but whoever told you that you were diving in 6-10ft seas did you a disservice. I don't think any ire is directed towards you directly, but anyone who thinks they are scuba diving in 10ft seas better damn well know what they're talking about if they want to keep breathing. CLICK HERE for some idea of what 6-10ft seas really look like (you wouldn't be able to see the boat in that).

Hello All,
We had a great trip to Panama City Beach for our Advanced open Water Cert check out.Visibility on the Black Bart,Bridge Spans and The LOSS was Outstanding 50+.
Tha Seas on the otherhand were Crazy HIGH. 6-10 Feet on the night dive and daytime dives. Grouper were huge and mean.The stupid baitfish were so invasive you wasted dozens of good shots because of them.Got some amazing pics.Will upload soon.

Ignore the naysayers and please post your pics!

well i dont know about diving but we went out deep sea fishing on the 14th and the seas show 2 to 3 foot but it was more like 5 to 6 ft waves. the capt of out boat said there was a bad current thats been going on for a couple of days and that made the seas a little ruff. it didnt matter though we caught 400 lbs of snapper and grouper with 8 of us, not bad for a days fishing trip. by the way we were about 50 miles out.

I was out there next to the Chicaboom and it was maybe 3 foot. I dont know of an operator out of here that runs to the "Big O". The grouper were mean cuz I shot there best friend. From past experience no operator here goes out in anything bigger than 5 foot and that is if the customer is pressing.

IMAG0165.jpg

IMAG0149.jpg

IMAG0201.jpg

Some of the pics

Well guys, just noticed this thread, decided to check for myself. The Bouy the Navy has 5 miles offshore, at 30 04.86N 085 49.78W showed an average significant wave height of 1.3 ft and average maximum height of 2.2 ft for the 26th of June, 2.0 ft significant and 3.3 max for the 27th and 2.6 ft signigicant and 4.2 max for the 28th. So IMHO, everybody tends to over estimate the wave height, and being out in 3 to 4 footers, remember, these are average numbers, probably felt like 6 to 10 footers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom