Dive Rite 905

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Icarusflies:
Thank you for the feed back.

I call Dive Rite this after noon and yes, they have distribuitors in Europe so I have one less problem.

The delivery time is not that bad. I can have one in 7 days.

My doubt now is to get a fron zipper or back zipper. The self donning issue is not an issue so I am inclined to get a back zip to have a more stream lines suit...comments?

Of course it is distributed in Europe when it's made here. Actually, the 905 has been made for years before Dive Rite started rebranding it. It's made by Polarsafety in Finland and it has been sold here for years as Polarsafety 905 Tech.

http://www.polardivingsystems.com/eng/polarsafety_905.html

Everything's allright if you fit into a standard size, or your dive shop can do the fitting. But my impression of this producer, and most other from Finland, is that they tend to be a bit "relaxed" when it comes to speedy service... :shakehead

Icarusflies:
Thank you for the feed back.

I call Dive Rite this after noon and yes, they have distribuitors in Europe so I have one less problem.

The delivery time is not that bad. I can have one in 7 days.

My doubt now is to get a fron zipper or back zipper. The self donning issue is not an issue so I am inclined to get a back zip to have a more stream lines suit...comments?

Of course it is distributed in Europe you silly, it is made here! :)

It's been sold here for many years as Polarsuit 905 Tech long before Diverite started rebranding it, and it was known for a very visible "Rescue Orange color" that could scare fish on shore anywhere. :)

http://www.polardivingsystems.com/eng/polarsafety_905.html

DON'T put money down on those seven days delivery before you have tried it on and made sure it fits perfect. Don't have anything custom fit by the factory, since you WILL be playing the waiting game with the Finnish guys... I don't know if this is a problem with Finnish productions in general, but to me it seems that way (And I'm even 1/4 Finnish blood...).

But if you get your hands on a 905 that fits perfect, THEN you can pay for it and know you are walking off with a great suit. Good luck!

-------

Front zip, back zip, what does it matter? It must be your descission after trying on both. I'm rather broad shouldered, and with most front zips I seem to struggle a lot to get inside when dressing up. -Not with some of the special DUI front zips though. But they are alone with those zippers anyways.

hunter, the 905 IS a heavy suit. Don't say otherwhise, 'cause you're misleading the guy.

IcarusFlies,
If I'm not mistaken you are going the DIR route? If so, I strongly suggest you pick up a phone and speak to your Fundies instructor.

That said, you'll need a suit that fits wells irrespective of brand and that is flexible enough to do valve shutdowns - in your case a rear entry suit will make valve manipulation a bit more difficult as they have a tendency to restrict motion of arms to the rear - again it's important that you get the right fit and though it is possible in a rear entry suit it's usually easier in a front entry because the cut is often a little better.

You also need to make sure that your suit is not big. My first suit was too big and I thought (and was advised in the shop) it was right. It wasn't - too much material meant that on land I could just about reach my valve but in the water the baginess meant that I had no fine buoyancy control at 20 feet and above - (gas would sneak around into the excess material and expand).

My advice to you would be to defer buying your suit until you have had a chance to see and talk with your Fundies instructor. He/she will save you a lot of grief in the long term.

Thank you all for the good advices....I ll double check the delivery time. If I buy it I ll do it to Fill Express, close to where I am, I have had good service from them in the past.

Dbulner, yes DIR is my way, actually I am taking my GUEF next week, not with the drysuit ofcousr.

That the kind of info I was looking for about front and back entry, it helps.

Another drysuit I am considering is the Ranger from Gravity Zero www.gravityzero.it
For around US$ 2.000.- at the actual ever increasing exchang rate gives me a custome made suite. Have you heard of this brand..opionions?

I have decided to cut my wrist open and bleed money again. I just came back from my DUI dealer where I bought a custome made TLS 350. I paid $ 2400 for the suit, pockes and P-valve....

Icarusflies:
I have decided to cut my wrist open and bleed money again. I just came back from my DUI dealer where I bought a custome made TLS 350. I paid $ 2400 for the suit, pockes and P-valve....

Not completly 905 standard, eyh? I'd call that a step down, but then I like a suit to be rugged. -Even more so than a DUI 450 (great suit!). The 350 is "light", at least. But I'd think it will have advantages under water, if you don't come close to anything sharp... :D

Anyways, your great advantage now is you can have it fitted perfectly without wasting time on slow Finnish guys! :14: You'll be great in that suit man!

I just ordered one and they have two warehouses in the US and they have plenty. I think your friend is misinformed.

mattbinvt:
I just ordered one and they have two warehouses in the US and they have plenty. I think your friend is misinformed.

maybe so... but he ordered it in October and hasn't gotten it.

Hopefully you'll get yours sooner. By all means, let us know how long it takes. (I'm really curious.)

I have the 905 backzip version and love it, no mobility problems at all.

Back
Top Bottom