Dive Rite Express and their customer service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

........ So I email DRX and they tell me to either send it them or contact DR. Here goes the email process, no reply. So I contact DRX and they say send it on. So I get a email back from DRX that DR thinks that it was abuse. ,......

......I checked with our service manager and we just received your reflector from DRX. By the looks of it, it appears that it should be covered under warranty. Unfortunately, when we first received the reflector, we did not receive any information about how the reflector cracked or that it was a brand-new light. ......

in my old age im getting very jaded but once again it seems the only way to get a top level response & customer care (from all/any manufacturers) these days is by publically telling as many people as you can what went wrong and how disappointed you are by a firms actions

why didnt someone just pick up the phone and ask OP the purchase date or pass down the question/message thru distributors rather than just writting it off as abuse

im glad DR is taking care of OP but either way - i guess this proves once again if you wanna get action, post a thread

edit: oh, and my DR can light that i got for valentines day blew a bulb thingy and Tony at DR Australia took care of it in 2 days so snaps to DR Australia

almitywife,

My experience has been different. However, I have made a habit of buying my gear from the owners of the companies I shop with wherever possible. I've found that by shopping with smaller companies, I can speak to, and often purchase from owners, or other people of some repute in a company. This has paid dividends on numerous occasions, but I have been extremely satisfied with the service I've received. And I've never had to start a thread.

in my old age im getting very jaded but once again it seems the only way to get a top level response & customer care (from all/any manufacturers) these days is by publically telling as many people as you can what went wrong and how disappointed you are by a firms actions

why didnt someone just pick up the phone and ask OP the purchase date or pass down the question/message thru distributors rather than just writting it off as abuse

im glad DR is taking care of OP but either way - i guess this proves once again if you wanna get action, post a thread

edit: oh, and my DR can light that i got for valentines day blew a bulb thingy and Tony at DR Australia took care of it in 2 days so snaps to DR Australia

Almitywife, I agree with you 100%. I sent all the imformation to DRX with a copy of the reciept in the box so they new when it was bought. Just got a email that the reflector is on the way so it ends well. It is just a pain in the a$# to have to deal with the crap. Thanks guys for the support.

I rec the opposite, bad service from DRX and great service from DR. I would suggest in the future address all concerns directly with DR giving them as much info as possible. Anyway Im glad it was sorted out for you, so it should be.

Send a PM to Jordan. He works for Dive Rite. (of course he doesn't visit here much anymore either...)

From your explanation of how it broke off, doesn't seem like you abused it.
Sounds like Dive Rite should replace it. You don't expect a $1200 to $1300 light to have the reflector snap off on the 3rd dive.

If they don't fix it, then "spread the word".

Mike,
You may need to update your contact list, Jordan has not been at Dive Rite for a long time.

There you go 480 volt!! Isnt Diverite the best??!! Next time you have an issue with your gear just send it directly to DiveRite!:wink:[/QUOT

(my 1st thought).....or post it on a public forum where all can see & something HAS to be done.....form the transaction described, I'll not be buying DR stuff, again.....enough said......

I'm not sure this was Dive Rite (manufacturer's) mishandled problem as they weren't given all the information by Dive Rite Express, even when it was sent in by the customer to the dealer.

Still, Dive Rite (manufacturer) didn't seem to go the extra effort to see what the problem was until it got posted on this message board. But maybe they get lots of parts sent in with inadequate paperwork and it'd be hard for the to spend the time to chase each one down.

but then again, if I read this properly, it appears the original poster 'might' have tried to contact Dive Rite via email in the first place but got no repsonse? (reference quote below).

480 volt:
So I email DRX and they tell me to either send it them or contact DR. Here goes the email process, no reply. So I contact DRX and they say send it on.

There you go 480 volt!! Isnt Diverite the best??!! Next time you have an issue with your gear just send it directly to DiveRite!:wink:[/QUOT

(my 1st thought).....or post it on a public forum where all can see & something HAS to be done.....form the transaction described, I'll not be buying DR stuff, again.....enough said......

Seems that it was clearly the dealer's bad service, not the manufacturer.

Still, Dive Rite (manufacturer) didn't seem to go the extra effort to see what the problem was until it got posted on this message board.

Seems like they didn't KNOW about it until it was posted here, and then there was resolution with 12hrs (effectively less when you consider the original post was 9:30 at night and the response came at 9:30 the next morning.)

Not sure how much more one might expect from a manufacturer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom