Dive Rite vs Zeagle.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ive had both dive rongs, they are the same, and are the same as all the others mentioned. funny, i keep going back to my original computer, an old suunto viper. theres a reason the dr's are all over ebay. i think i wrote an evaluation on the duo some time back on this board

I would have to disagree. In recent shopping for a computer I looked at the n2ition, nitek duo, Tusa iq-700 they were all within $25. or so Prices seem to range from .$359-$388. The Nitek Duo at Dive Rite Express was $378 but this included the DSS wrist mount ($12-$15). the biggest difference I saw in price was for the PC download kit. Prices ranged from $115-$300...If they are all essentially the same computer why the big difference in price?? My question to the board/posters is...will any of the PC download kits work for any other computer w/in this series regardless of the manufacturer (label actually)?? Meaning can I buy the least expensive PC download kit and have it work with the least expensive computer??

The Tusa version comes with a two year warranty.

I bought a Dive Rite Nitek Duo a little over a year ago and use it as backup. I got a great deal of $291 from Divers Supply on a price match/discount based on a Dolphin Scuba advertised price at the time. I subsequently bought the bungee mount and download kit from Dive Rite Express. I have just under a hundred dives on it, computer and download work flawlessly, I send my dives directly to DAN for PDE. I believe the current download software runs on Vista though I use XP. I like the avg depth displayed on the log for SAC calculations. The hard plastic lens protectors scratch just thinking of going into the water, I went through 2 in no time. I custom cut a flexible stick on protector 50 dives ago and it looks nearly like new. I really like my computer, imagine the Zeagle, Tusa, Cressi, and Apeks (outside US) brands would the same. I don't know if download software is identical, DAN only mentions Dive Rite in conjunction with PDE, no mention of the other brand compatibility. The download hardward looks identical, a clothes pin designed to contact the 2 pins at 12 o'clock. Best of luck in your computer purchase.

Good diving, Craig

The Dive Rite Duo software will not work with the Windows Vista operating system. I cannot comment on the rest. I love my Duo but all my computers are know Vista and I cannot download my log.

Not good with the software not working on Vista but I am sure there is an update in the future. Fortunately I have computers with both..got a great deal on a new desktop w/ Vista..Guess I will have to keep my XP machines in good working order. Guess I need to get on the line w/ customer service with respective companies re: download kit compatibility..will post if I get any answers.

So Im looking at the Dive Rite Nitek Duo and the Zeagle N2ition. Im wondering if there is any difference between the two other than the cover?? Thanks

Have you bought your computer yet? If not maybe a bit more info would be useful.

Many say the DiveRite and Zeagle computers are the same. In fact they are not the same. They look the same except for the labeling. But they have different software. I've dived both and each gives different profiles than the other. There are some other differences as well.

Does that mean one is "more conservative" than the other? Nope. Shorter dive time does not equal safer or more conservative.

Many say the DiveRite and Zeagle computers are the same. In fact they are not the same. They look the same except for the labeling. But they have different software. I've dived both and each gives different profiles than the other. There are some other differences as well.

I would love to hear input from other divers on this.

When even the company that produces the computer says they are the same, I have a hard time believing that they are different!

For those comparision shopping, take a look at the warrantyas well. Many companies that sell this computer have a one year warranty. Our warranty is for two years.

Also, for those Vista folks, the new N2iTion 3 software will be Vista compatible and will work for the standard N2iTion computer as well. It will be available to download (for free, of course) on our website as soon as it is ready (which should be about a month from now).

Thanks and dive safe,

Scott

Well, doing a side by side comparison, or should I say arm to arm?, I found different results between the two computers. The Zeagle gave shorter dive times than the DiveRite. If I recall correctly the two algorithms also have different names.

It bears repeating that, also contrary to some statements, no decompression algorithm guarantees freedom from DCS. In that statement both computer instruction manuals agree.

Anybody ever compare the Nitex Duo and the Nitex Plus side by side?

I dive the plus on my right arm and the duo on my left when I cave dive. If I ever get back into the salt water I will probably do the same. I like to read the plus because I owned it first and It is easier for me to see the deco status. The duo's cover / protector on the screen obscures the left side a bit, for me anyways. But, I like the big numbers on the duo better as I am no spring chicken anymore. As already said, same algorithom, both great computers. Both are easy to read and seem to manage deco well.

Well, doing a side by side comparison, or should I say arm to arm?, I found different results between the two computers. The Zeagle gave shorter dive times than the DiveRite. If I recall correctly the two algorithms also have different names.

It bears repeating that, also contrary to some statements, no decompression algorithm guarantees freedom from DCS. In that statement both computer instruction manuals agree.

Just wondering, was the setting the same on both computers you dived? There are settings on the Duo and Plus (and I assume the others) for more or less conservative that you can set when setting gas and sampling before your dives.

Back
Top Bottom