Dive Shops in Montgomery and Frederick

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Further west is Blue Marble, in Hagerstown. Their fills are 4.50 per tank on hyper pure air- and they have always done their best to help us in any way possible. Personally I am not a fan of Brass Anchor, when I have been in there, even the very first time, they had no time to even ask if they could help. As for any tech gear, I make the run to Northeast Scuba Supply in Philly. I have yet to see a better price on a set of doubles (my last set was $590, for 120s including bar and bands, last years stock on cylinders), and John is very lively and helpful. They also carry a large selection of books, and not just on fish ID. And-this is the one that will keep me from ever dealing with one shop in particular- in neither shop have I ever heard the manager/associate say- if you don't buy__________ you're gonna die. Yes, I truly heard this, in reference to a can light. And the guy thought that by making a statement like that he was going to increase business- 'course, they also charge $25 to fill a set of 120s, air, so that is enough to keep me from using them.....Just voicing my opinions
-J

Brass Anchor is first rate. I've been on two trips with Terry and he knows his stuff, in the water and out.

VA Scuba in Manassas is the best and almost the only option in the area for technical diving.

I too have had nothing but good experiences with Brass Anchor. They are a little bit of a hike for me, especially compared to many other shops, but worth it to me.

Chris

Go to Brass Anchor. They are far more knowledgeable than Offthewall will ever be.

Go to any other shop in Maryland, they're far more knowledgable than Divers Den will ever be

Well, at least I now have a pretty good idea which shops NOT to go to...

私達はすべて真実を知っている

Back
Top Bottom