Dive Shops in Puerta Vallarta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
My spouse and I are a PADI Instructor and DM and will be visiting PV in June 09. We're looking for a 5 day or more dive package with a dive shop in PV. We are looking for small groups of experienced divers going to uncrowded, advanced sites. We are also hoping to find a shop that will extend courtesies/discounts to PADI professionals.

Would appreciate any recommendations on best dive shop in PV. Thanks, Karen

Have you been down diving to Puerto Vallarta before ??

If you are planning to be in Puerto Vallarta, or if you want to go down and bring your macro camera and strobes, Alicia Hermosillo PhD will be diving and guiding in the area through the year.

Alicia is happy to share her expertise while dive guiding in English or Spanish for photographers /experienced divers and small animal fans in some of the popular dive sites of the bay of Banderas. She is also co-owner of a very good and well located PADI , SSI and IANTD dive center and store.

http://www.seaslugforum.net/factsheet.cfm?base=brbehrherm
http://job-wiki.org/factsheet.cfm?base=brhermosillo2006
http://www.nudipixel.net/photographer/alicia_hermosillo/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=en-GB&v=4gZS1T5efrc

She is a member of SB with the name "Ali" and email alicia_hg@prodigy.net.mx or gueri25@hotmail.com

Get in touch with her if you would like to see the underwater world of the bay in a totally different way

Also check out the Puerto Vallarta small animal and nudibranch report in the Dive Travel Mexico forum here at SB for more information on her.

Last edited:
Hi Karen, I think I just posted to you on a different thread -- HMMMM..... Anyway, if not, I just want to throw my 2 cents in. I've had great experiences with laolaadventures.com. Donna and Alex are great to dive with -- they take into account your experience and the type of diving you're after. The groups are small, their boat is nice, food is tasty, they're VERY accommodating. Service is their big deal. Alex grew up around the Bay of Banderas, so he knows the sites like he knows his name. Tell them HI from Nancy in WI if you decide to go with them. I know you won't be disappointed.

Hi Karen, Vallartaundersea offers very good deal for PADI Pros and package deals, they run small groups and personalized atention, I'm sure you'll enjoy diving the best advanced sites around PV. you can visit www.vallartaundersea.com and check out the comments on this board just write vallarta undersea on search and you'll find the post of all the happy divers.
Have fun and be safe.

Hola,
Just returned from Puerto Vallarta where I dove with Alex from La Ola Ocean Adventures,(www.laolaocean.com). I just wanted to say that although we didn't see any mantas (which is what I had hoped to see) I did enjoy everything about my trip/dive. The boat was covered, nice, clean and fast. Food and drink were provided, the water was warm; 89* and the vis was great for that area. Alex speaks very good english and is extreemly knowledgable of the area waters and sea life. He also is an exceptional diver. He let me dive my air (computer) and I had a blast. If I make it back to PV I'll be calling them for scheduling.
Take only pictures, leave only bubbles.
Scotty

Hi
I dived in P.V. two years ago There are two dive shops one with big boats holiday divers wall to wall. I gave that a miss and foud a small dive centre called Chico's on the Malechon small fast boats personal service great diving.

Have a great time
Steve

Back
Top Bottom