Dive shops?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you're going there in the winter, consider the manatee snorkel at Crystal River. If you don’t get to Florida much, it is a unique once in a lifetime thing to try. It is not far from Orlando, and is something that even the non-divers in your family can enjoy.

I dove with American Pro last Christmas. They have a trip where you snorkel a bit, then go back to the boat and gear up for a short easy one-tank dive in some caverns below the manatees. I had no problems being only OW at the time.

I went last year around Christmas. At least 50 manatees approached and swam around. My parents came along just for the boat ride. When I was swimming back, I noticed my mother messing around with a rope that was dangling in the water. She later said that she was playing tug-o-war with a manatee next to the boat.

:cheers:

Unfortunately we arrive on 21/08/12 and are there for a short 3 weeks.

There is a Divers Direct at the top of International drive. The prices aren't massively cheaper unless you get a really good exchange rate, you may pick up something like wetsuits, rashvests and knives cheaper, but not to much else.
If you are there for three weeks take a couple of days diving down at West Palm Beach, drive down early and do a two/three tank dive, book into cheapish hotel and do a two tank dive then drive back up to Kissemee.
Thats my usual trip when we go over, the drive is about 2 1/2hr and an easy drive, I've only dived with Jim Abernethy as i've always had a good service from them but believe there are a few other good outfits and i'm sure you will be pointed in the right direction by the helpful people on this forum.
Hope this helps

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom