Dive sitesSiquijor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gefahr

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
We are 3 new divers with 7 dives in so far. We'll be in Siquijor for one week in February and one week at Bohol. Looking for best dive sites for our Open Water level.

You might want to ask this in the Philippines forum. I've dove with Amun Ini on Bohol and they were great. Not sure about Siquijor as I have dove there yet.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Thread moved from Introductions to Philippines forum

I dived with Sea Pearl Divers in April, highly recommend them. Paliton and Tubod sancturies were great, in general Siquijor is very OW friendly with gentle, shallow, dives and lots of great corals and tons of turtles.

For Siquijor, I would dive with Siquijor Divers Center or Sea Pearl. In Bohol, all the dive sites are suitable for open water level, as conditions are easy and the reefs are shallow. I do some work for Valm Divers, so obviously will recommend them, but there are many options. Diving at Balicasag Island is amazing.

I dived with Sea Pearl Divers in April, highly recommend them. Paliton and Tubod sancturies were great, in general Siquijor is very OW friendly with gentle, shallow, dives and lots of great corals and tons of turtles.
The wall at Paliton has some nice diving. Siquijor has some nice gentle dive sites.

Feel free to contact us a Siquijor Divers Center. We can certainly assist you with your diving in Siquijor. Also we would highly recommend Valm Divers in Bohol. I have dove with them a number of times and they have a great crew and provide a great service.

In Bohol I would recommend Alona Divers. Joey, Manny and the rest of those guys are awesome. In Siquijor I highly recommend Sea Pearl but I will say that if you can get on a trip to Sunken Island you should go. It is a little more advanced, the top of the reef is 12m deep but it is just teeming with amazing coral and I have seen a whaleshark there. I also experienced fairly strong current at Sunken Island which could maybe be an issue but you ought to learn to handle it at some point. It wasn't nearly as strong as some current I have had to swim through in Indonesia. Spectacular dive site though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom