Dive Specific Lake Murray Information needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jayfarmlaw

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have searched the forum and the internet but have not found what I am looking for. Trying to squeeze a few dives in before Cozumel for my family of newly certified divers. Murray is an hour away and we're going to try to get a dive in after church Sunday. I have found a reference to sunken boats at "Sharkys Point" and the spillway as being good dive spots, but I can't find the point on any map I have found. Im sure I can find the spillway...but would rather be diving than driving. If you have favorite dive spots with a map, or directions, and and idea of things do do other than pick up trash, I would owe you a beer for your trouble. We have decent equipment and wetsuits. Really just looking to get wet and work on some dive skills with my daughter.

easy access is a priority since I will probably be the Sherpa for most of 4 sets of equipment.

thanks in advance for your response.
jay

Saw that. Thanks though.
jay

---------- Post added September 25th, 2014 at 11:29 PM ----------

Just found this, any thoughts about easy access or underwater sights to see?

Murray Lake Map - Lakes Of Oklahoma online book

Jay

MSLTR,

PERRRRFECT!!!! You win the Free Beer award if we ever find ourselves in the same mudhole. If you find yourself in Cozumel on October 18th, you get 2 free beers!

That is exactly what I was looking for. I cant thank you enough. Fingers are crossed for visability and slightly warm water!

Jay

Water was 76 degrees down to about 25 feet at Marietta Landing dive spot. Turn right to go to the boat ramp, turn left to dive area. Visibility 10 to 12 feet until you hit 30 feet....then not even 2 feet. Murray has two teaching platforms, a larger boat, small boat, and motorcycle sunk with rope lines leading to all. A little hard to get to entry point due to maybe a 75 yard hike with your gear down a moderately steep path. Shore entry is easy, firm sand bottom, all in all a fun dive, not crowded on a Sunday. Lots of perch, saw a larger bass. Less than 20 minutes off of i-35.
Jay

It's hard to describe in words how to get to Sharky's Cove. But If you drop by Scuba J's dive shop
(he's in Lake Murray's marina) he'll draw you directions on a free park map. He's a full service dive
shop that rents and sells equipment, does PADI training, and provides air fills. He's only available
on weekends. He keeps regular hours in the summer but otherwise you need to call a couple of
days in advance to be sure he's not out of town. When you actually visit Murray you have to
call him a half hour or so before you drop by the shop and he'll meet you there.
Scuba J's:
scubajusa@yahoo.com
580-223-4832

Back
Top Bottom