Dive Spiegel Grove, Duane and/or Night Dive on Molasses Reef with Aqua Sports Inc.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm glad that you dive wrecks and reefs often in the Keys, but don't speak for the rest of us. I just finished my wreck certification course last weekend with AquaSportsInc., and I must say that I have never had better instruction or more pleasant dives than Colum and Ozge provided me. If you're happy and confident enough to pay your $75 to jump off a boat, more power to you. I was very impressed with the service and attention I received from Colum and Ozge while doing the certification course. They checked and rechecked my gear to ensure everything was working properly, they taught me techniques to improve air consumption; even though there were other people on the dive boat they knew great spots to go on the wrecks where we were the only ones and made it feel like an exclusive dive. They trained me how to protect myself from strong currents and be able to extend my downtime. Speaking of downtime, they were also constantly checking everybody's psi to see when they needed to ascend.

Hey, if you don't know how to dive safely on your own and need a guide to check your air, that's fine. Everybody needs to learn and none of us were born knowing it.

But you're missing the point. The original post did not say that they were providing training with the trip price (and I suspect they aren't) or that the target audience were newbies who have never dived off a boat before. We were simply pointing out that their trip prices were higher than the going rate. If not for the more experienced divers pointing that out in this thread, the "added value" to their target audience would not have been drawn out and emphasized so if anything we have been beneficial to Aqua-whatever.

Aren't you required to have a disclaimer that states "this has been a paid endorsment by(fill in the blank)":rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

If I had been paid by them, yes, but since I am only a satisfied customer, no disclaimer is needed or warranted. I hope I never reach the elevated level you seem to feel you have reached, no matter how many dives I rack up. Hmmmmm, speaking of elevated levels, maybe I shouldn't speak so harshly. You may have been diving all day today and be reacting to a "Happy ending" evening. in which case, you're not thinking clearly. My apology, if this is the case.

Hey, if you don't know how to dive safely on your own and need a guide to check your air, that's fine. Everybody needs to learn and none of us were born knowing it.

But you're missing the point. The original post did not say that they were providing training with the trip price (and I suspect they aren't) or that the target audience were newbies who have never dived off a boat before. We were simply pointing out that their trip prices were higher than the going rate. If not for the more experienced divers pointing that out in this thread, the "added value" to their target audience would not have been drawn out and emphasized so if anything we have been beneficial to Aqua-whatever.

I have no contention with pointing out that there are cheaper dive rates available. Those with experience know this, wouldn't you agree? If one dives a lot, they know the going rates. Therefore, an "overpriced" operator would just be passed by. The inexperienced are the ones that have no idea what it costs to dive the Keys, so they would benefit by paying the extra cost and getting the extra attention they may not even be aware that they need. Experienced divers would automatically decide they can get a better deal elsewhere (I would think, anyway).

I know from experience of posting on the board that it's easy to turn a post around. It's difficult to get ALL information on the first post. Questions need to be asked to clarify; otherwise, people interpret things in ways that aren't the OP's original intent. I just don't think it's right or fair to automatically jump on someone and try to discredit them on a post that doesn't include every detail without first asking for more information. Does that make sense?

I have no contention with pointing out that there are cheaper dive rates available. Those with experience know this, wouldn't you agree? If one dives a lot, they know the going rates. Therefore, an "overpriced" operator would just be passed by.

To some extent, that is true. But as a diving destination there are experienced divers coming from all over the world who do not know the local going rate and some of us are just looking out for our fellow divers in getting the best deal for them.

Sometimes the delivery is a little rough here on Scubaboard but the information is valuable nonetheless.

To some extent, that is true. But as a diving destination there are experienced divers coming from all over the world who do not know the local going rate and some of us are just looking out for our fellow divers in getting the best deal for them.

Sometimes the delivery is a little rough here on Scubaboard but the information is valuable nonetheless.

Agreed. The folks in South Florida are pretty spoiled to have two-tank boat trips available for as low as $40 ($55 w/ tanks) but for someone who is visiting, they're probably used to paying $100 or more for a charter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom