dive store owner/instructor new to the forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to the board from the cold waters of New England USA
Have fun here and Dive Safe...........................

Welcome. Reading your post, I thought of a question for you.
Because I live in the cold north of Wisconsin and don't think chopping through two feet of ice to dive is a whole lot of fun, I decided to store my equipment in the basement until March. I had just bought a new reg (Aqualund Titan LX) and after a few uses, hung it with my other gear on one of those nifty hangers. Well, I bumped it and it fell to the concrete floor. The first stage hit the concrete from maybe six or seven feet. Looks OK. Could there be internal damage? If it seems to work fine now, will it be OK in the water? Can I depend on a pool check?

There you got it. You just joined and I have you contributing.

Again, Welcome.

Welcome to the board floridafrogman, sounds like you are a real asset to the board:mean:

Paco once bubbled...
Welcome. Reading your post, I thought of a question for you.
Because I live in the cold north of Wisconsin and don't think chopping through two feet of ice to dive is a whole lot of fun, I decided to store my equipment in the basement until March. I had just bought a new reg (Aqualund Titan LX) and after a few uses, hung it with my other gear on one of those nifty hangers. Well, I bumped it and it fell to the concrete floor. The first stage hit the concrete from maybe six or seven feet. Looks OK. Could there be internal damage? If it seems to work fine now, will it be OK in the water? Can I depend on a pool check?

There you got it. You just joined and I have you contributing.

Again, Welcome.

Paco,
Not to worry......other than exterior cosmetic damage it is near impossible that the fall could have damaged any internals of the first stage. The more likely concern would be a hose/hose
fitting located at the first stage. At just the correct angle, a blunt force impact could do some permanent damage (i.e., cut a hose, bend the hose "crimp", fracture the reinforcing braid within the core of the hose). Since all internal parts are in a "static" position when the first stage is not pressurized and the parts are recessed within the first stage body, again, it is highly unlikely you did any damage. If the Reg. functions fine during a "dry" test and in a pool test, I (personally) would have no qualms about diving it!"
BTW, you choose an excellent regulator! The Titan LX is about the
best "value" out there. Having said that, are you aware of the
recall/upgrade with regard to the second stage main diaphragm?
Glad to be of use so soon.............Rick/Florida Frogman, Inc.

Back
Top Bottom