Dive Talker

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SKIPPY3

Registered
Reaction score
I found a Dive Talker computer in equipment that I had in storage. It was never used. The charger interface tool and the computer interface module appears to be lost. Can anyone help. I would like to give it a try if I can get it working. The LDS instructor said it would drive one to distraction with it's incessant messages. One other question. How might I get the batteries on a Datamaster Sport changed. The batteries are not accessible via a battery port. Both are antiques by todays standards, but both are unused and I don't wish to toss them. Thanks!!! SKIPPY3

Hello Skippy3 and welcome to ScubaBoard!

Your "Dive Talker" computer came in two versions....

Dive Talker 1 - reports tank pressure as well as other messages.

Dive Talker 2 - does not report tank pressure.

Each was sold with charger unit and computer interface (serial connection only). The internal battery is sealed inside a gel and changing it out can be a pain but it is "doable". It is doubtful that you will find a separate charger / interface as the company is out of business so my suggestion is to ask around your local dive shops (ask them to check their "parts bin" and you might get lucky). Unfortunately, the company is no longer in business (or making dive computers at least) so that won't be of much help. There were several revisions to the on board software but you cannot know which until your battery is charged.

I have a Dive Talker 1 with everything (manual, pc interface, charger,product brochure). The charger is a little "fragile" so I am hesitant to mail it out. If I can answer any other questions, please let me know.

Regards,
Ltstanfo

Thanks for your answer. I will keep your reply. I am in no hurry. My local dive shop sold only a few. No help there. I will keep looking. SKIPPY3

If it is any help, I can email you picture of the charger so you know what you are looking for.

Regards,
Ltstanfo

Can't help on the charger but I LOVED that thing! It must hav been made in the south because the voice was that of a southern belle whispering "Turn on ay-yer"! :D

If I recall correctly, it was make in North Carolina. To look at one, it appears to be a garage project but they sold quite well back in the day. It's only flaw was that you could not replace the battery. It is sealed inside a gel that has to be heated back to a fluid state to change components.

Regards,
Ltstanfo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom