Diveassure update, are they for real?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It looks, to me, like it was an AIG error, not a DiveAssure error. And BTW, I am not currently a DA member...yet...

pilot fish:
The post by DiveAssure increases my confidence that they are trying to do the right thing [is that only when people are watching and contacting the dive community on a dive message Board?] and seem to be part of the dive community. My question is: would this have been resloved favorably if it wasn't posted on this Board?

Hello, I also answered your other post in the other thread regarding this issue.
I was really visiting this forum by chance.
We work by the rules and we do our best to give our members the best service possible.
We have a great reputation for paying claims justfully and we intend to keep it that way. As I mentioned before, this was an error by AIG which unless reported to us by the member, we might have not known of and could not then get corrected.
It is the member's call to us, and not his post here, that got us involved (on Friday).

Sincerely

Sharon, DiveAssure

Better communication between DiveAssure and AIG is needed?

DiveAssure:
Hello, I also answered your other post in the other thread regarding this issue.
I was really visiting this forum by chance.
We work by the rules and we do our best to give our members the best service possible.
We have a great reputation for paying claims justfully and we intend to keep it that way. As I mentioned before, this was an error by AIG which unless reported to us by the member, we might have not known of and could not then get corrected.
It is the member's call to us, and not his post here, that got us involved (on Friday).

Sincerely

Sharon, DiveAssure

Kudos to DiveAssure for both joining the discussion and rapidly fixing the problem. As always, a company's actions do more to instill confidence than any amount of marketing promises.

pilot fish:
Better communication between DiveAssure and AIG is needed?

I agree of course. Unfortunately a lot of it has to do with the privacy policy of insurer and insured. My best recommendation is to contact our support team whenever experiencing a difficulty with AIG, so we can get involved.

Sharon, DiveAssure

You are supposed to be involved, since client contacts you and YOU place policy with AIG. In that capacity AIG is your agent and you are responsible for their actions and inactions. It has nothing to do with privacy. You are not bared from AIG, nor are they bared from you, in this action for the insured. Your responsibilty does not end when you place policy with AIG, since you have collected a fee from insured to be covered.

DiveAssure:
I agree of course. Unfortunately a lot of it has to do with the privacy policy of insurer and insured. My best recommendation is to contact our support team whenever experiencing a difficulty with AIG, so we can get involved.

Sharon, DiveAssure

pilot fish:
You are supposed to be involved, since client contacts you and YOU place policy with AIG. In that capacity AIG is your agent and you are responsible for their actions and inactions. It has nothing to do with privacy. You are not bared from AIG, nor are they bared from you, in this action for the insured. Your responsibilty does not end when you place policy with AIG, since you have collected a fee from insured to be covered.

You seem to misunderstand or portray to know more than you actually do.
What seems logical to you (and maybe even to me) is not necessarily the case in reality.
I don't think it is appropriate for me to say here how exactly the relationship between DiveAssure and AIG works. I can simply say that unless reported to me by a member, I have no way of knowing about a difficulty or error in claims processing. I can not assist with what I am not aware of. I can only promise that when notified, the DiveAssure team acts to assist members in whatever way possible.

Actually, Pilot..the relationship is reverse to what you said. DA is the agent selling a policy underwritten by AIG. (For all you folks out there with Geico homeowners insurance, it's a similar situation to what you have with Travelers Ins. Co..) As a former claims adjuster I can surely state that what Sharon is saying is correct...the agent very rarely gets involved if they were not directly informed by the insured (either at the beginning of the claim-filing process or if there is a problem), however, it has been my experience that once an agent does become involved, things tend to a fly a bit more smoothly should there be a problem. As has been stated...this isn't as much a DA issue as it is an AIG issue.

Cheers,
Austin

That is what I said: Dive Assure sells the policy, collects the premium and places it with AIG. I'm not talking about agent in the insurance sense but agent in the leagal sense i.e.,once DA places the policy with AIG it does not absolve them from a duty to the insured. If I hire you to do some work on my house and you farm part of the work out to another party and they harm somone, whom do you think is responsible?

3-Ring Octopus:
Actually, Pilot..the relationship is reverse to what you said. DA is the agent selling a policy underwritten by AIG. (For all you folks out there with Geico homeowners insurance, it's a similar situation to what you have with Travelers Ins. Co..) As a former claims adjuster I can surely state that what Sharon is saying is correct...the agent very rarely gets involved if they were not directly informed by the insured (either at the beginning of the claim-filing process or if there is a problem), however, it has been my experience that once an agent does become involved, things tend to a fly a bit more smoothly should there be a problem. As has been stated...this isn't as much a DA issue as it is an AIG issue.

Cheers,
Austin

DiveAssure:
What seems logical to you (and maybe even to me) is not necessarily the case in reality.
I don't think it is appropriate for me to say here how exactly the relationship between DiveAssure and AIG works.

Your claim of privacy is ONLY valid for others, me, us, this Board, other parties, aside from the insured but there is no privacy rule between you and the insured.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom