Dived Morrisons Today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

algulfdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I was diving Vortex today doing some dives with a Guy from out of town and decided to go buy Morrisons. When we got there there was a park guy there at the gate so I ask him about diving there. First he said Your not suppose to then he said You will probably ok, so we decided to go for it.
Had to walk from the Gate and I had double 95's and my buddy had a single al80, I talked him into helping me carry my doubles all the way to the dive bench at the end of the dock out by the basin.
The water was a little high and from the surface looked OK not great but I figured it would be fine once we got to the log.
We suited up and splashed, then headed to find the basin and try to spot the log in the near zero foot vis. I swam over the boil and could see a dark spot so began to descend and the log began to come in to sight, it ended up being at 25'. The vis began to improve at the log and by the time we got to the cavern entrance vis was Crystal clear.
Some one has riged a pull line out side the entrance going to the main line so we used that to pull in.
The Dive was awsome, It looks to me like some of the ledges to the left as you go in have collapsed a little. We had a max depth of 94' for a dive time of about 25 minuits before my dive buddys dive light started flooding so we thumed the dive.
Over all a great day of diving and can't wait to go back.

I can imagine double 95's would be heavy. One of them is heavy using it as a single. I know. I am a wuss. :D

Sweet, I miss Morrison :)

I can imagine double 95's would be heavy. One of them is heavy using it as a single. I know. I am a wuss. :D

Whats wrong with dub 95's Denise? I tote mine all over the place. You should see the hill up at ClarkHill lake. :shakehead: I'll try to get some pics next time I'm up there. You can carry those tanks to girl. :D It's just what you get use to. You would like the 85's better though. Just think of those monsters that Mat used to tote around. :no: To heavey.

I've got to man up :wink: I am fixing to try doubles, but it won't be 95's. :D

I've got to Wo-man up :wink: I am fixing to try doubles, but it won't be 95's. :D

It want be that bad. You can alway's go the sidemount way. You aready have the TransPac. All you need is the butt plate and wing. That way you can still use your 95's. Just hump 1 at a time down to the water. That's what I plan on doing 1 day.

I've got to man up :wink: I am fixing to try doubles, but it won't be 95's. :D

Denise in doubles ?
We won't know if she's coming or going !:shocked2:

:shocked2: PePaw!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Actually, one set will be slightly larger than the other...:wink:

I ordered a set of HP 100's. That will save my back 10lbs each over the LP 95's. I still plan to use the LP 95's as single tanks with H valves so that I can maintain my redundancy configuration in OW.:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom