DiveMaster Course.. what did you pay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

400 plus educational materials. Why would anyone do DM if they do not yet have their own gear? You should be fully outfitted by this time. I did not and do not pay for air including nitrox, all pool fees were covered, discounts on gear and course fees while interning. I do work at the shop a few hours a week still for free. In exchange I get the aforementioned perks plus write off the travel to and from. Like others have said I have all my own gear plus enough to outfit 3 or 4 other people but I don't since I don't carry the extra insurance to do that. If I did then I'd charge rental fees. As for how long it takes due to a number of outside issues mine took nearly a year. But during this time I got alot of diving(100+), working with alot of different students, over 160 hours in the pool, and had alot of fun. I also got to see alot of different environments, weather conditions, dive related problems, equipment related issues, and personality differences and how to handle or solve them. Bottom line, I feel qualified to handle most situations that would come up in a recreational setting under any conditions- That makes the time and effort spent well worth it.

AggieDad:
My dive shop in Austin Texas offered a special of $500 plus books for AOW, Rescue and DM. I already had the AOW so they are "giving" me another specialty instead.

That's an AWESOME price!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom