Divemaster

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uaflyer

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi

My self and a friend have been looking into taking a PADI DM course.
Another friend got his DM somewhere in the south.

Anybody have some suggestions one where.
Also, any internship type programs as well.

I have been to the Subix are and thats about it.

Thanks

i second Pak. Asia Divers is in Puerto Galera; has one of the best instruction around.

How far is this place from Manilla ?

Think proximity will make a difference for us, so we have opportunity to visit a few times.

its a 2 hour drive from Manila and another 1.5 hours ferry trip to the island.. . 4 hours all in all is a conservative estimate for private transfer or special trips.

should be no problem reaching or leaving manila. :)

did my intro dive with windandwave, made me stand on the bottom for 15mins, took pictures, gave me a free shirt and charged me 950. they instantly lost my business that day.

i suggest calling them up for more info:

Wind and Wave Davao
PPA Building, Sta. Ana Wharf
8000 Davao City, Philippines
Reservations:
(63-82) 300-DIVE/3483
Marketing Telefax:
(63-82) 300-DIVE/3483
http://www.windandwavedavao.com

...windandwave runs a big operation in davao, more into aquasports, island hoping etc... has a couple of resort tie ups, very commercialized (read:pricey) very professional (atleast they appear to be).

and then call....

Carabao Dive Center "The Diver's Choice"
Door 1F Hermanos Bldg Sta. Ana Wharf
Monteverde St. 8000 Philippines
Tel No. (082) 300-1092 - look for John or Dick
(drop my name "bingbong" for that instant discount haha) seriously, i can help you out getting a good package :wink:

...carabao has a very "homey" atmosphere, closely knit, more like a second home for me :D more and more divers in davao now prefer diving with carabao, some DMs from WnW have even transferred to carabao (shhh) and most importantly, more amenable to price discounts.

personally, i think you'll get more dives and training out of carabao, than you'll do with WnW. more bang for your buck.

...but don't take my word for it, visit the shops when you get here. pm me anytime if you want more help.

cheers!

...and oh, did my 2nd intro with carabao, 45 mins of pure bliss (cost less too). been diving with them ever since.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom