DivemightyO question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

htn123

Reaction score
Howdy,
I am planning on diving on the Oriskany end of August. I contacted Dive Oriskany reef - Pensacola SCUBA diving and got an email response from them. But when I tried to call them, their phone number on the website is an invalid number.

Are they still around? Is this still a legit operation? I want to talk with them personally instead of just email. Would hate to get down to Pensacola and find out that they have been closed.

Anyone has info about divemightyo.com? or should I just go ahead and try MBT divers outfit?

Thanks,
Charles.

Howdy,
Is this still a legit operation?

Anyone has info about divemightyo.com? or should I just go ahead and try MBT divers outfit?

If you look at their webpage, the boat pics shown to my knowledge isn't even their boat. IT's DOWN UNDER's boat.

From what I've heard, Dive Mighty O is nothing more than a booking house. They book you out to several different dive operators.

They haven't had positive reviews.

see this thread

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/florida-conch-divers/184846-oriskany-w-divemightyo-com.html

I think most of us agree, if you are going to book a trip to the Mighty "O", why not just go directly to the people who will be taking you. I would strongly suggest you go to the following link. Bugman did a great job outlining the operators that most of us around here use or suggest people use.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/deep-dixie-divers/198536-all-inclusive-oriskany-thread.html

It is an awesome dive...I am ready to go again.

Howdy,
I am planning on diving on the Oriskany end of August. I contacted Dive Oriskany reef - Pensacola SCUBA diving and got an email response from them. But when I tried to call them, their phone number on the website is an invalid number.

Are they still around? Is this still a legit operation? I want to talk with them personally instead of just email. Would hate to get down to Pensacola and find out that they have been closed.

Thanks,
Charles.

I am going to do this dive in two weeks. I booked for 4 people through MBT and they have been great. They got me in touch with the hotel next door which gives dicounted rates for divers using MBT and they have been very accomidating so far. As soon as the trip is over I will post about it and the service.

I had dove with MBT divers back in May. They are a very well run operation, and I would use them again myself. You'll also get a treat on your way back from the mighty O. The hotel next to MBT divers that they use is a nice place, very comfortable, clean and easy access to the local area. You up for some great, fun diving.

Don't know about group you mentioned, but I know MBT Divers. I did my certification through MBT, and I dove the 'O' with them just months after it went down. They are great all the way around! AND the owner is one of the foremost experts in the area on the history of the Mighty O. He can tell you about the history, he has memorabilia from the ship, has talked with many of the crew members, has tons of historic photos. It's great to remember that before it was a reef, it was a working ship with a vivid past.

I don't know about the companies you've talked about, but Scuba Shack took me out and they were great. My DM even came to the airport (3 times --tornadoes) to get me.

Could not have been more fun -- well maybe if the water had been warmer :D I went in Feb. for OW cert.

Thanks for all the reply. I booked through MBT and going to stay at the hotel right next to MBT divers also. Will do a report when I get back from the dive.
Thanks again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom