DiveQuest - Epcot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MtnDiver:
So, are you going to swim with the Manatees while you're down there too? We're going to try to do a combo snorkel with the Manatees in the morning, dive in the afternoon. Haven't set that up yet though.

We are saving the manatees for a future vacation - we have friends that live in the keys (never can remember which one) and they have manatees in their backyard. :D

When I did the dive back in May, we were let out in the park afterwards. What you may want to check though, is what is EPCOT's winter hours. Also, if they don't mention it (reservations), ask to see if you get a discount. I got a discount for being PADI certified. Cost about $120-ish.

FSUgly:
When I did the dive back in May, we were let out in the park afterwards. What you may want to check though, is what is EPCOT's winter hours. Also, if they don't mention it (reservations), ask to see if you get a discount. I got a discount for being PADI certified. Cost about $120-ish.

I had read in another thread here about discounts, so I asked for and received a 10% discount for being certified through PADI. They aren't going to volunteer the discount info, you have to ask.

cowprintrabbit:
Are the 2 and 3 day passes available at the gate (and how much)? The web site only wants to sell me the 5 day...

See below for the new pricing details.

Mona

New for 2005 - Magic Your Way Tickets
The Walt Disney World Resort will switch to Magic Your Way Tickets – available to all guests, whether or not they stay at a Disney resort hotel – beginning January 2, 2005.

With the Magic Your Way Tickets, you first choose the number of days you want on a base ticket that allows you to enter one theme park each day. Then you can decide which options (if any) you want to add, paying for only those features you want, such as the ability to visit multiple Disney theme parks each day or to visit Disney water parks, Pleasure Island, etc.

Magic Your Way Base Ticket
(gate price for admission to one theme park per day, including tax)

# Days Adult (ages 10 and up) Child (ages 3-9)
1 $63.63 $51.12
2 $126.74 $102.24
3 $182.12 $145.91
4 $197.03 $157.62
5 $205.55 $165.08
6 $208.74 $167.21
7 $211.94 $170.40
10 $222.59 $177.86

Add-on purchases to the base ticket include:

Park Hopper Option - Adding the Park-Hopper Option lets you come and go as you please through all four Disney theme parks on the same day or every day for each day of your pass. Extra cost on top of the base-price ticket is a flat rate of $35 ($37.28 with tax). This works out to just over $5 per day on a seven-day ticket, but obviously it adds a lot proportionally to the cost of a one-day ticket.

Awesome! Thank you!!! :dazzler1:

cal2632:
See below for the new pricing details.

Mona

New for 2005 - Magic Your Way Tickets
The Walt Disney World Resort will switch to Magic Your Way Tickets – available to all guests, whether or not they stay at a Disney resort hotel – beginning January 2, 2005.

With the Magic Your Way Tickets, you first choose the number of days you want on a base ticket that allows you to enter one theme park each day. Then you can decide which options (if any) you want to add, paying for only those features you want, such as the ability to visit multiple Disney theme parks each day or to visit Disney water parks, Pleasure Island, etc.

Magic Your Way Base Ticket
(gate price for admission to one theme park per day, including tax)

# Days Adult (ages 10 and up) Child (ages 3-9)
1 $63.63 $51.12
2 $126.74 $102.24
3 $182.12 $145.91
4 $197.03 $157.62
5 $205.55 $165.08
6 $208.74 $167.21
7 $211.94 $170.40
10 $222.59 $177.86

Add-on purchases to the base ticket include:

Park Hopper Option - Adding the Park-Hopper Option lets you come and go as you please through all four Disney theme parks on the same day or every day for each day of your pass. Extra cost on top of the base-price ticket is a flat rate of $35 ($37.28 with tax). This works out to just over $5 per day on a seven-day ticket, but obviously it adds a lot proportionally to the cost of a one-day ticket.

Hi....I just dove Dive Quest two days ago....had a great experience. I did the 5:30 dive, we had done almost all the park during the day and then I left the family and met outside the entrance at Guest Relations for the dive. The whole experience is almost 3 hours - with a pre-dive briefing, the suit up, the in water setup, the dive and then the cleanup and post-dive briefing. It's expensive, even with the Padi discount - but the gear is all Scubapro except for the Atomic titanium reg - so it's good stuff. The staff was great, helpful etc. They take you on a quick tour around the tank, make you pose for the $35 DVD they want to sell you and then let you go explore (make a goof of yourself in front of the windows) for about 30 minutes - a 45 minute dive time in total.

Probably the neatest part is that they just introduced two new sand tiger sharks in to the tank - they've been in there almost a month - and they are quite large. A little intimidating, but seemed docile enough. There is also a large sea turtle and lots of other types.

A great experience..have a great time.

cal2632:
Let me know how it is and if they still let you out in the park afterwards and what time you're finished please. We're booked for 2/27/05 at 4:30 and have a priority seat for 8:40 at Le Cellier. If you're out before 7:30, I'll try to change our time.

Thanks,

Mona

We got out early, about 7, BUT we all knew we wanted the DVD so we skipped watching it. We made our 8pm reservation at the Biergarten with time to walk around and enjoy a glass of Italian sparkling wine first.

Do they still have the little observation bubble on the bottom where you climb in and yell things while they take video??? My wife & I dove it back in '96 as our first dive after getting certified. Hoping we might make it back down there to do again sometime, especially with the new sharks. Is Marilyn still there????

cowprintrabbit:
My hubby and I are diving Epcot Living Seas Sunday 1/16/05 at 4:30. Because of the late time slot, we would have to buy tickets to the park and see everything else beforehand. We don't have children, is it worth it? :06:

I am inclined to spend the rest of the day elsewhere and then just come and do the dive - I have heard mixed reviews of Epcot and only have 3 days to see everything.

Thanks!

I think Epcot is definately worth a visit. It is broken down into themes by country, and they have a LOT of cool exhibits, and rides.

I'd find a map of the park, and take a look to see if it interests you. IMO we take Disney a bit for granted because we are just so used to the idea, but the engineers at Disney have really done a great job on all the parks, and Epcot is certainly no exception.

I was under the impression that the dive got you into the park for the day? I guess that is NOT true??

Ron

Staredge:
Do they still have the little observation bubble on the bottom where you climb in and yell things while they take video??? My wife & I dove it back in '96 as our first dive after getting certified. Hoping we might make it back down there to do again sometime, especially with the new sharks. Is Marilyn still there????

The bubble is still there (at least as of two weeks ago when we did the dive). Don't know about Marilyn, we had an all-male crew on our dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom