Diver assaults another diver underwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently this diver had over 10,000 dives and is part of the Sea Shepard group. She should of realized that the fish collector was up to no good based on how fast he was swimming up to her.

Pure conjecture, but she probably was jumping for joy as she saw him coming. Nothing better than free media coverage.

Does anyone know what 'rips off her breathing supply" is really describing?

Pulling a reg from her mouth? or something else?

He violently pulled the regulator out of her mouth. You can see it on one of the other videos that are circulating.

R..

---------- Post added May 13th, 2014 at 08:13 PM ----------

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Similar threads merged.

Moved to Basic for wider general exposure.

Assuming this is true and not a PR video, if anyone can identify the assailant then please contact your local authorities.

I wonder if Kona is the "wild west" of diving. A couple of months ago, a dive boat operator was assulted when he suggested that another boat use a mooring instead of dropping anchor on a reef. Interesting that some people think this is "staged". It may be out of the realm of "Sea Hunt" but these disputes over marine resources are likely to become more confrontational. Might be time for Professor McLaughlin to offer his underwater self defense class in Hawaii again.

Hawaii JuJitsu KoDenKai - MizuJitsu - Scuba & Water Safety Course

Or the victim could have just retrieved the regulator.

Not saying it's not wrong, but it's only fatal if the skills taught in Open Water are too rusty to use.

That's a bit like saying "No harm, no foul" which I don't get when the harm could have been pretty serious. If I decide to drive on the sidewalk because pedestrians piss me off I'm not that wrong if everyone is able to leap out of my way?

50 feet under is no place to be playing these games and I would have probably over-reacted very violently if someone had attempted such.

Diver0001 raises a good point. While actually pulling a reg from the mouth of someone legally filming them is not beyond some local bruddahs, staging a false-flag "assault" is certainly not beyond some latte-sipping save the oceans crusaders I've met here, too.

Does anyone know what 'rips off her breathing supply" is really describing?

Pulling a reg from her mouth? or something else?

Took her 'oxygen' away........

EDIT:..Below's articles says it was......lol

Last edited:
How come no one was able to ID the guy? There must have been a boat where he went back on.

It happened all the time to Mike Nelson. I seen it.

That's a bit like saying "No harm, no foul" which I don't get when the harm could have been pretty serious.

NO... if this is real it's like pushing someone off the sidewalk into oncoming traffic.

It might work out ok but the *intention* is to harm (or kill) them.

That said, I'm still not convinced that it wasn't staged.

R..

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom