Diver Lost-Alexandria Bay, NY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chivas

Contributor
Reaction score
A 43 year old diver was found this morning by a father and his two sons. Newspaper report said he had been diving alone and was found entangled in weeds. This is a very popular shore dive on the remains of a wreck called The Islander. I dive the St. Lawrence fairly often and find it difficult to believe that getting tangled in weeds would be the cause of the accident, especially in this area. I'll post more info as it becomes available.

Chivas:
A 43 year old diver was found this morning by a father and his two sons. Newspaper report said he had been diving alone and was found entangled in weeds. This is a very popular shore dive on the remains of a wreck called The Islander. I dive the St. Lawrence fairly often and find it difficult to believe that getting tangled in weeds would be the cause of the accident, especially in this area. I'll post more info as it becomes available.
Chiva what paper? I dive the river all the time did not see anything is Syr. paper.
chuckrt

I was up there over the weekend. It's a nice wreck to swim around, but I wouldn't enter what's left of it even if it were full of gold (it's not).

It's laying mostly on it's side in 20 - 50 feet with huge sections rotted away. The place where he entered is partially collapsed and partially blocked.

Entering this wreck is just poking death in the side with a stick and daring him to come get you.

I feel bad for his family and friends, but if someone is going to enter a collapsing hulk like this, the outcome isn't really suprising.

Terry

Chivas:

Back
Top Bottom