Diver recovers from 10/2004 accident

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hope that all of your geat works well for you. Good luck...

Hope your dive today went well. I went yesterday to a local quarry and only thing I forgot was buns for the brats. Fortunately a club member had extra buns and he used my grill, so a decent trade I thought!! Today is Fathers Day and the kids are taking me to Cheeseburger in Paradise; so I will have as good as it gets without being wet!

Dive yesterday went well. I was able to carry all my gear in one trip to and from the boat, and was strong enough to pull myself up the ladder with all my gear on. I think I am well on my way to a good recovery.
After diving again in Monterey, boy oh boy do I want to do some tropical diving. It's just hard to plan around the dialysis, sometimes you have to plan 6 months in advance to have dialysis somewhere else, and I haven't gotten that good at looking into where I will be 6 months from now. Until then I plan 4 day/3 nights trips and have dialysis right before I go and right after I get back. Was able to go to Cabo for a long weekend last October and do some diving. Would like to try the same for Hawaii some time this summer. Believe it or not, diving is probably the most healthy thing I do (though my family might disagree due to the risk factor).

WTG on the recovery! Special Kudos for getting wet again! Here's to SB's newest reborn diver! :wink:

:wave-smil

WOW awsome story. I'm glad your ok and recovering. Sadly to say many people live their lives in the rat race of life and dont stop and enjoy the simple pleasures. I'm glad that this this has given you a greater pasion for life and to return to diving. I just lost my father, today was his buriel. I look forward to go diving this weakend to get my mind off things. Your story reminds me to enjoy life. Thanks your an example and inspiration. As for your tranplant. A little advise take care of your health as for the finances some how things will work out. God will provide like he provided your recovery just trust in him.

Thanks Scubaranger. Sorry to hear about your dad. You grasped one of the most important things I wanted to impart to people, that life is too short to do what you love, and to try not to stress about little stuff in life, things have a way of taking care of themselves.
Enjoy your dive this weekend!

Mom taught me that life was short (through cancer and heart disease). I'm glad you've gleened that lesson from all this.

Best of luck!

Kristina - If you can't get south, you might want to invest in a good drysuit, it can make all the difference in making a cold water dive enjoyable and fun versus just enduring it.

Best Wishes!!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom