Diver with Glasses

What do you wear underwater if you need glasses?

• Prescriptive Lenses

Votes: 47 52.2%
  • Contacts

Votes: 43 47.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wear disposable contacts - in the event that I somehow lose a contact during a dive, I always keep a spare pair in my dive bag. Haven't lost one yet, but I don't worry, knowing I have a spare set.

After diving for 25 years with RX masks I can provide some advice: Keep Your Rx mask in a mask box and always fly with it in carry-on. Never put it in your checked luggage.
Bring the mask box on the dive boat. While You are diving, put your eye glasses in the box. You will find Your dive buddies will want to put their sunglasses in your mask box during their dive as well. Consider buying a face mask with a split lens (2 plates of glass instead of just one). The lenses will hardly be noticable in this array. A single face plate mask prominently displays the edges of the Rx lenses, and those edges are captured in and U/W photo you may appear in.

I have a bifocal lense in my mask that works great. I can see good enough with out the correction to find my way to the boat, surface or my ass if I loose the mask. Then again I only have one eye which explains why my (spearfishing) diving buddy calls me Deadeye..............It's all a matter of preference......right?

my instructor has advised me to get one before our pool sessions because of the exercises we have to do like mask clearing... i think it's a good investment... i don't have to worry about losing contact lens during diving which i have experienced when swimming in the pool...

Back
Top Bottom