DiveRite XT4: discolouration of faceplate after only 5 dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rogerdd

Registered
Reaction score
I’ve only dived 5 times with this brand new regulator (xt1/xt4) but I noticed some discolouration on the faceplate already. It came all black but now it shows some blue hues.

So I was wondering if it’s normal/expected or a defect. And if it’s a defect, whether it’s only cosmetic or something more serious.

What do you think?

Attachments

• IMG_7431.jpeg
    IMG_7431.jpeg
    134.8 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_7433.jpeg
    IMG_7433.jpeg
    114.1 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_7432.jpeg
    IMG_7432.jpeg
    106.7 KB · Views: 143
I’ve only dived 5 times with this brand new regulator (xt1/xt4) but I noticed some discolouration on the faceplate already. It came all black but now it shows some blue hues.

So I was wondering if it’s normal/expected or a defect. And if it’s a defect, whether it’s only cosmetic or something more serious.

What do you think?
Can possibly imagine what could be serious, looks to be purely cosmetic.

Can possibly imagine what could be serious, looks to be purely cosmetic.
My guess is it’s some assembly coating or cosmetic treatment or something in the rinse water, either way you can’t see it if you’re diving it.

Are those bluish bits what you are talking about? Looks kind of cool.

In 100 dives mine will also still look new. The discoloration would bother me some.

Mine have the same sort of discoloration. No issues with them though, they still work fine.

purely cosmetic
Speaking of cosmetics, who designed that front cover, Clive Barker?
1693771453007.png

And mine will still look new😂
In 100 dives mine will also still look new.

Hmm, maybe I didn’t get the reference?
Are those bluish bits what you are talking about? Looks kind of cool.

Almost makes me wonder if that was intended by the manufacturer! (Doubt so)

My guess is it’s some assembly coating or cosmetic treatment or something in the rinse water, either way you can’t see it if you’re diving it.
Yes if only cosmetic, then it should be alright. Was not sure as it happened so quickly that I feel it couldn’t be just due to UV damage.

Mine have the same sort of discoloration. No issues with them though, they still work fine.

Are you saying you have the exact same regulator from DiveRite? If so, did it happen also very quickly?

Back
Top Bottom