Divers and Pilots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

akbpilot:
Lifestyle and priorites changed a couple of years ago, sold my plane. Don't regret the decision, but miss it from time to time.

This is how I feel about it, too. Every once in a while, on one of those sweet, windless summer evenings, the urge to go flying hits me like a ton of bricks... *long sigh*

DennisW:
I will say, though, if you look at some of those jump planes, I'm not quite sure they are perfectly good airplanes. :D
========================================
Exaclty ...flew over 300 times between 1968 - 1971 and never landed once with the plane.

Got out and took up diving. Have never had to worry about my chute not openning again !!

'Slogger
US Army Airborne
1/509th PIR

Expired students pilot license. Started flying lessons about the same time I took up diving and only had the time to pursue one of them to completion.

One of these days I need to finish up those flying lessons...

Wow, nice to know theres a few of us out there!
I have a 150 here and always looking for targets:wink:
After reading this thread I'll be tempted into pulling it out and skipping work...

As for skydiving.. why wouldnt you want to jump out of a perfectly good plane?

Henry in WPB

What's with all the posts saying private or commercial flying is pleasure or fun?
The only real fun flying is in the military. And they even pay you to do it!
My log book is full of low-level NAVEXes that I'd never get away with in a non-military plane. :D

Retired in 2000, ATP and pilot examiner (all fixed wing ratings). Three tours flying helicopters in sunny SE Asia.

Private Pilot Single Engine Land. I've been cleared on Cessna 172's 182's, and Piper tomahawks, and Warriors. Currently just do the 172's

I love helicopters, but I just can't raise the coinage needed to get the rateing.

A friend once told me this joke "If the wings move faster than the fusalage it is a helicopter, and therefore unsafe."
And for the militairy pilots
"There are 3 great things to experience in life, a good bowl movement, an Or_@$m, and the feeling you get when you scare the $h_t out of yourself. those pilots landing on a AirCraft carrier get to experience all three together.

I got a milion of'em, I'll have to look them up and post the good ones

H2Andy:
my favorite air traffic controller message:

"Cessna 94662, if you can hear this, traffic no longer a factor."

I love it!

I love expensive hobbies:

PP SEL - had a Long-EZ in the garage for awhile, but sold it before finishing (hate it when work gets in the way)

Ham Radio - call KS6C

Just bought a Harley Sportster...

Best exchange I heard was at the Oshkosh airshow:

Tower: "Red Cessna on approach, inbound stealth aircraft" (F117 was at the show that year)

Pilot: "Negative traffic" - good to know the stealth technology was apparently working!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom