• Aries

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Sagittarius

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • Leo

Votes: 12 10.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

popo's dad

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I thought i'd start a poll as i was just wondering if certain star signs are more pre disposed to becoming scuba divers or compared to other star signs. So i decided to start a poll.
According to the western zodiac there are 12 signs divided into 4 elements, water, fire, earth & air

Scorpio Water
Cancer Water
Pisces Water
Aquarius Air
Libra Air
Gemini Air
Taurus Earth
Virgo Earth
Capricorn Earth
Aries Fire
Sagittarius Fire
Leo Fire

I'm a Scorpio which is a water element

BBC News - Astrology Professor Suggests Zodiac Signs Are Wrong

BBC News - 15 January 2011

A Minneapolis astronomy professor has suggested that the zodiac system, based on "2,000-year-old information", is all wrong.
Parke Kunkle said the Earth's wobbly orbit means it is no longer aligned to the stars in the same way as when the signs of the zodiac were first conceived.
Professor Kunkle's explanation has become an internet sensation with people panicking on social network sites about what the changes mean for their star sign.
Shelley Ackerman, spokeswoman for American Federation of Astrologers, has been inundated with emails from concerned clients, but she advises them not to over-react.

I am so confused. :idk:

They went and changed my sign, so I never was the person I thought I knew for all these year! :shakehead:

Now I have to dream up some other way to excuse my previous behaviors! :D

It's all Bush's fault. I think I'll have a beer.

Astrology has no scientific basis.

Originally posted by DevonDiver
Professor Kunkle's explanation has become an internet sensation with people panicking on social network sites about what the changes mean for their star sign.

We're gonna die.

Well I used to be a Sagittarius, Fire, But know I'M Ophiu or whatever, the serpent handler whatever that means.

I don't understand how a wobbly orbit would change our view or alignment anymore than a normal rotation. We're basically going around the sun on a plane....if that plane changes a few degrees, relative to the distance to all the stars....what the hell could happen?
Is this the start of Revolution Evolution?

Wouldn't worry about that.
The sign only changes for those born after the change. Those born before the change still go by their original sign because the skys were the way they were when you were born.
And in any case those zodiac signs are only respective to our point of view on earth at each specific moment in time.

But if it makes you feel any better, I found similar traits of mine in capricorn and aquarius (my birth zodiac) :D
So really nothing changed for me.

Back
Top Bottom