Diving after having little to no sleep the night before

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I read somewhere (I think it was a novel, written by an MD - sorry, can't remember the reference) that a shower has an equivalent effect on your body as 2 hours of sleep, in the short term. If this is true, then maybe dunking your body in the ocean for a dive is one of the best things you can do if you're sleep-deprived and still want to get out and do something.

Or maybe it was just part of the story...

Dive boats I have been on tend to want you there like 8 A.M. or earlier. If you have a job/sleep routine, miles to drive to get there that means you don't get enough sleep and it makes things uncomfortable. Sometimes they say that afternoon boats find rougher seas. I know that if more afternoon charters were offered, I would be spending more money to go.

I usually do not go to sleep until anywhere from 12-2 am. I need to be at the ferry at 5:30am tomorrow morning and will need to be up at 4 to get there in time. I do not see myself getting any more than like an hr or two of sleep. And, with the anxiety of oversleeping, I may not even be able to fall asleep.

Thanks everyone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom