diving alone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I never went solo diving until I moved to Alaska. Shore diving requires some use of tides. Most of my dive buddies had regular jobs. That put me alone quite often.
From there, I moved to cave country. Buddies on the weekends were easy to find. The other five days were problems. I started diving solo, first, because it was necesary to dive every day. After a while, I began to truly enjoy the relaxation of a nice leisurely scooter dive without anyone else around. I would occasionally pass a buddy team, smile, and continue on with the night. Deco was a great place to learn (Chemistry, Physics, Calculus, etc...) as there was no others around. High PPO2's are great for memory.

I moved to the coast a few months ago. I hope to gain dive buddies as it's nice to discuss the dives after the fact, but if there is no buddy, I'll gladly dive alone. Diving beats watching TV or typing, whether alone or not.

The people who dive everyday usually end up diving alone.

Cheers,
Jamie

I dont have a place to dive everyday :( no fair!

wedivebc - carry at least 2 cutting devices. I use a knife and a pair of those medical shears for cutting wire and such
- have a cell phone
Do you use the cell phone when the wire can't be cut :D
Why do others think it to be so scary ? I have never understood this. Anyhow where can I get one of those phones
Cheers

Yep, there is something special about just "being" in the ocean by yourself. In truth I think thats most of us dive.

Coogeeman

I don't use one of those phones. I choose to tie a tin can to the bumper of my truck hooked to another that I carry with 200' of string. If I get in trouble I can speak into the can untill somone walks by my truck that will go for help. Now If I can find a way to keep other divers from becoming hopelessly intangled in the string and cutting it. I have tried placing ''please do not cut my phone string'' post it notes every 10 feet but im not sure any one takes it seriously.

Back
Top Bottom