Diving and snorkeling from Infinity Bay Beach or Paradise Beach Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Terryb

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Hi there all,
does anyone have any information about diving and snorkeling from either of the Infinity Bay Beach Resort or the Paradise Beach Resort. I am looking at a trip for possibly late February and early March. Also any comments in general about the resorts would be great.

Thanks,

check what others have said about Infinity Bay Beach !

I was at Infinity Bay Beach Resort this winter. Snorkeling straight from the resort was great. I don't see any reason to go any further afield for snorkel. We saw lots of squid and octopus on our night snorkels and had a great time. Early in the morning and late at night be careful the beach has little biting bugs in the sand... They spray to kill them in the morning but if you get there before they do they will light you up. There was OFF bugspray at every store and it was needed. It was the rainy season so there was a TON of dirt and run off while I was there. This means there was a lot of garbage in the water as well. 1 full day of Sunshine and no rain and the fish would have the reef looking much brighter though. The dive boat out of IBBR was fine and the dives from it were much like what you see shore diving from the resort. As for shore diving from the resort.... I had never had a valet dive experience before. You give them your BCD and just hit them up 30min before a dive and when you walk down to the beach it is there fully assembled with a tank on it. You just put it on and swim out. After the dive they take your gear rinse and store if for the next time you call. Was super nice. That being said you will have to find the gap in the reef to get out quite a ways to get water deeper that 20ft. The gap is marked with with floats and not hard to find. The resort was ok... nothing like staying at a secrets or anything for accommodations but the rooms were nice enough. LOADs of wild cats roaming the property and we had a great time feeding and hanging out with them haha. Water taxi's right at the IBBR dock ready to take you for 5bucks a head to town. No real complaints other than Roatan is expensive. Every meal is expensive and has 20% tax from the government and they expect 20% in tips as well. It was a good experience but I would 100% go to Bonaire before I would return to Roatan. Friendly island with a good vibe but Bonaire has has better infrastructure and way less garbage both on land and in the water.

thanks for the great info, MT

Back
Top Bottom