Diving At Malapascua In Late October, Good Or Bad Idea?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

samjaw

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi guys,

I'm thinking about going for diving at Malapascua in late October. I'm now trying to search for as much information as possible.

First of all, is it a good time to go? From what I've searched so far, October is considered as low season. Any possibility to see what all divers are supposed to see when they go to Malapascua? How about the weather/monsoon?

Then, I need information about which dive sites I should go/ where to stay with the price I can afford. Is it possible to keep the budget under $500 per person? (this expense should include everything except the airfare.)

If anyone has any idea about it, please drop me your comment. All your suggestions will be really appreciated.

thanks a lot,
Samjaw

I was in the Philippines Oct-Nov 2005. At that time it was intermitent rain. It would come down "in buckets" for a few minutes, then nothing for hours. There are many places to stay on Malapascua Is. Malapascua Island Diving, Philippines Cebu | Thresher Shark Divers Malapascua Island, Visayan Sea, Philippines Lodging, Accomodation and Resorts Philippine Airlines or; Cebu Pacific Air - It's time everyone flies to get from Manila to Cebu, then a bus or taxi up to Malapascua the destination should be able to advise you on getting up to them.

WARNING:DIVING IN THE PHILIPPINES IS THE MOST ADDICTIVE FORM OF DIVING.

Hi h2odragon1,

thanks a lot for your comment.

cheers,

Samjaw

I think a few of our local dive club members went there around that time last year. Had a storm come in so they were restricted to diving just around the island but they did make it out to Monad at least.

Thank you Pakman and Bill22. really useful information. I'm reading your report, Bill22. So great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom