Diving Belize off of a cruise ship

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

YYJValerie

Registered
Reaction score
We will be in Belize for one day (8-5) off of a cruise ship. My husband and his dive buddy want
to dive and the ladies (my friend and I) want to snorkel. Any suggestions?

We will be in Belize for one day (8-5) off of a cruise ship. My husband and his dive buddy want
to dive and the ladies (my friend and I) want to snorkel. Any suggestions?

Guys, book a diving excursion. Ladies, book a snorkeling excursion. Get together after the excursions and talk about what a great time you all had.

Ron

And use the services provided by the cruise ship operator, even though they may appear expensive.

I just dove Belize off Carnival Legend. I went with Seasports Belize and they took both snorklers and divers on the same boat. They dropped the snorklers off on a small sand spur and then took us a few hundred yards away to the deep end of the pool. It was a first class operation, and I plan on booking with them when I return in December and January on a back-to-back cruise. I wil never book the cruise dive excursion--too expensive, too many divers, and too short dives.

If you husband and buddy wanted to book with a local dive shop there will be a problem they need to be aware of... I was attempting this dive off a Cruise Ships and because you use tenders to ferry you to port, alot of time is wasted. We booked all of our dives through local dive shops (Cozumel and Roatan) but went with the cruise ship for Belize because of the time it took to get to shore!!! On our cruise ship, they pick you up at the boat saving a great amount of time and makes the dive possible....

However, our cruise line was having a tiff with the local tenders and we ended up going to the Grand Cayman instead... Bad for us cause we took this trip for one reason and that was to get a "taste" of Belize...

With this being said, I would suggest the same as above... Book through the ship for this dive and you with you friend book a snorkel... any other dives I would use the local dive shop...

Just my thoughts... lee

Just saw Laurie post, we were going to use Seasports as well but we had such a short window we decided to use the excursion... Laurie, did they pick you up at the ship??? We were on the same cruise and was told by Seasports they could not pickup at the ship at least they said they could not last year...

Last edited:
We took the tender in and then walked to their shop. Because Carnival remained on ship time, we got to the shop almost an hour before they opened (I could have slept in!). They brought us back to the cruise ship pier at the end of the day and we had more than a hour before the last tender. The crew was very careful on watching the time we had to get back.

This is the one port I recommend using the ship excursion. There is a big advantage of being picked up directly on the ship and avoiding the tender to the mainland, then having to leave from there out to potential dive sites.

Yeah, but the ship excursion was $160 for a two-tank dive and I paid $120. For that much difference, I'll chance the tender ride.

You're not just chancing the tender ride, you're chancing your ship leaving without you. It's happened.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom