Diving "Blue Grotto"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverdad87

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey fellow Florida divers. I'm wanting to dive Blue Grotto this week and upon doing some searching about the area, I haven't found any place about signing releases or a admission fee I.E. Devils Den. Where do I go to sign a release ( if there is one ) and how much $ should I bring?

Thanks!
Shawn

Hey fellow Florida divers. I'm wanting to dive Blue Grotto this week and upon doing some searching about the area, I haven't found any place about signing releases or a admission fee I.E. Devils Den. Where do I go to sign a release ( if there is one ) and how much $ should I bring?

Thanks!
Shawn

Here is their web-site with information...

<<< Blue Grotto >>>

When you get there, you'll go into the shop, watch the video and sign the release. With tax, it's forty dollars.

Looks like fun. How far can a diver go into the cavern? Is there much to see?

Pretty far. There is a guide line that decends to 99'- . Plenty of room but like all spring dives, you have seen everything in 10 minutes. Its worth doing once.

PS: Ill upload a video from my trip there last summer later tonight

Blue Grotto is pretty neat. Check-out the fossilized sand dollars in the cavern walls. When are you going?

I'm probably heading that way Thursday or Friday of this week if everything works out. I want to avoid the weekend rush.

Looks like fun. How far can a diver go into the cavern? Is there much to see?

Blue Grotto is worth diving once: however nearby Devil's Den is more interesting. Last Feb, I did one dive at Blue Grotto late on a Friday afternoon and two dives at Devil's Den the next morning. I will probably never go back to the Grotto but plan to dive the Den again at some point in the future. Another plus about the Devil's Den is the really nice people working in the shop.

I found the following dive reviews to be accurate

Scuba Shore Diving Site Page for: Blue Grotto of Florida, USA East

Scuba Shore Diving Site Page for: Devil's Den of Florida, USA East

Attachments

• PICT0101.jpg
    PICT0101.jpg
    488.6 KB · Views: 276
Like any dive Blue Grotto is what you make of it. I like to dive there to work on skills and to try out new equipment.

here is my Blue Grotto video.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom