Diving Catalina Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Since you're not from the area, it may be better just to rent one of the 2 wheeler carts from CDS on the pier rather than buying one and bringing it with you, depending on the cost of course. It is a bit of a hike from the pier to the dive park especially with full gear and a couple of tanks.

Thanks for the tips! We are flying in from Reno to LAX, then taking the Catalina Express, so I think we'll just rent a cart. Great tip on the tides-hadn't thought of that. Other questions: How deep is the Valiant? We have one low experienced person and the rest of us would love to dive on it. and... Do we need to make reservations at the Landing? Not sure what time we'll be done diving but it sounds like a great place to celebrate our friend's 20th Anniversary!

Another thing--All you So. Cal divers are so nice to give us all the local information. We REALLY appreciate it. If you ever get to Tahoe for some high altitude diving, look us up!

It is not always possible to get permits to dive the Valiant from the Avalon Harbormaster. This is especially true on weekends and during the summer. You could give them a call (310-510-0535).

Dr. Bill

My wife and I can't say thank you enough to the SoCal board members who threw tips and local knowledge our way.

Our trip to Catalina had awesome weather, great conditions, and was a wonderful introduction to cold water for our friends. They had an equally good time, and a memorable aniversary.

What a pleasure to have support and friendly advice from folks we haven't even met! Thank you!

All the best, James Flenner

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom