Diving Egypt in February?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well
My major problem is not that I get cold uw in the winter. But after the dive it's very often really windy and being completly wet makes me freezing. So dry suit is a better option.
Mania

I've heard many divers bring their drysuits to Egypt, and not because he water is cold but because they stay dry... Especially when doing three dives a day, or long/deep dives with doubles and nitrox/trimix, a dry suit will certainly do wonders for your comfort.

Other than that, greetings from Norway!

vegard.jpg

A friend of mine doing "after dive". Definitely drysuit terrain...

MarkUK:
I am actually going to be in Na'ama Bay from 16-23 February, so might see you then for a Sakara Gold and an apple shisha pipe in the Camel Bar!

Sounds like we'll just miss. Don't expect to hit Dahab / Sharm until 25th or so.

I've been thinking about getting a 7mm full, since most of the world won't be 3mm shorty-friendly, so this will be good incentive to do so. I haven't dived anywhere cold yet, but it was a bit chilly a couple other places, though simply staying in the suit for a bit worked just fine.

Thanks for all the reccos everyone!

Anyone in Dahab from this Friday 30th untill Jan 12th?
I will be there and am looking for a buddy (am a rescue diver with 95 logged dives)
gimme a sign! ;-)

I have a lot of friends who work out in Sharm as dive guides & they're pretty much all in drysuits until April although this is more due to the wind chill when you get back on the boat. That said they've all been out there for a while & have acclimatised to the temperature. Would definitely recommend a 5mm full suit for diving & warm clothes for when you get back on board.

Hey,
I just got back from Dahab.
Water temp 23°C
So I took my semidry 6.5 and that was very comfortable, warm enough.
Wind was ok,
but I understand why people want to take their drysuits if they are diving several times a day, day after day.

If you were referring to me, we are definitely going to do Sinai / St. Catherines while we are there. As for desert, we live in Dubai there's easy access to that. I saw a place that had camel or jeep dive / desert safaris but we don't really have that kind of time unfortunately. Maybe next Eid at the end of the year -- it's not so difficult to stack days off together then, and we can skip the rest of the Egypt stuff then and be more concentrated.

ozymandias_kok:
If you were referring to me, we are definitely going to do Sinai / St. Catherines while we are there. As for desert, we live in Dubai there's easy access to that. I saw a place that had camel or jeep dive / desert safaris but we don't really have that kind of time unfortunately. Maybe next Eid at the end of the year -- it's not so difficult to stack days off together then, and we can skip the rest of the Egypt stuff then and be more concentrated.

Yes I were referring to you. The camel and Jeep dive safaris are in Dahab. Sorry that you don't have enough time. Maybe next time. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom