Is February/March a Good Time to Dive Fiji?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

living4experiences

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I posted a similar question about Australia and New Zealand, but I thought I'd break this out for Fiji. As part of an extended trip in the South Pacific, I will be in Australia and New Zealand in February 2024 on a cruise. Since I'm on that side of the planet, I don't want to miss the opportunity to dive in Fiji if it's worth it. I have never dived in Fiji. I just don't know what the water temps, weather, current, viz conditions are at that time of year or if it's cyclone season and there's a high likelihood of being blown out.

If February is not an ideal month to dive, when would you go? It's only a 4 1/2 hour flight from Sydney, so I want to take advantage of getting to Fiji easily. I've been looking at Volivoli and Paradise Taveuni Resort. Have you been diving in Fiji in February? What was your experience like? I'd love to hear your recommendations. Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom