DIVING / FLYING

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

360GUY

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm an idiot and didn't think when I planned my dive. LoL

Here are my stats:

*** TODAY ***
- ONE DIVE
- Avg 32 feet
- Dive lasted 42 minutes
- DIVE ENDED: 11:51am

*** TOMORROW ***
FLIGHT TIME: 9:35 am (Probably take off at 10:00am

Can I fly? Thanks

You can fly in a pressurized aircraft.
In a not-pressurized aircraft only if the flight is below 3000 feet...
Well if most commercial aircraft maintain a cabin pressure equivalent to 8000 ft of altitude, although some have a cabin pressure of 6000 ft of altitude, why would unpressurized aircraft travel not be limited to 6000 or 8000 ft of altitude?

Well if most commercial aircraft maintain a cabin pressure equivalent to 8000 ft of altitude, although some have a cabin pressure of 6000 ft of altitude, why would unpressurized aircraft travel not be limited to 6000 or 8000 ft of altitude?

It’s not.

I agree. The limit should be the same.
However I did fly on a coast guard helicopter carrying a diver to the deco chamber and the pilot told md he was not allowed to exceed 3000 feet, as the cabin was not pressurised.
Of course a quite different situation...

For non-transport category airplanes (aka smaller planes) it requires supplementary oxygen to be supplied above 12,500ft for passengers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom