Diving for First time in Puerto Galera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kelimar Drift on the ebb current. Couple of days after New/Full moon then even the most experienced dm would have 2nd thought of doing it.
Canyons is at its best when the current is strong but getting there is another story.
The down current is another concern around Canyons, Horse's Head and Fish Bowl. Most dm would insist on min. of 70 bars on leaving the bottom.

Just DON'T take travelers checks. )

I didn't think you could still BUY traveler's checks anymore. Nobody takes them in any of the places I have been recently, and ATM's have pretty much driven them under, IMHO. Woody

---------- Post added March 26th, 2014 at 01:20 AM ----------

We are staying at El Galleon right now and have been using Asia Divers for our diving, with absolutely no complaints. At least, not about the operation. The weather has been pretty marginal, as a pacific depression blew through north of us during the past few days, and we had a LOT of rain and high winds, which tends to make diving from those bancas rather challenging. But, it seems to have cleared, and now the sun is out and the winds have died down pretty much, and I am sitting here looking out across the Batangas channel toward Luzon in the distance. The diving has been outstanding, and we saw cuttlefish, sea snakes, a big turtle, and much more on our two dives this morning, including an electric flashing clam sitting in a hole in the reef. I have to say, currents really haven't been much of a problem, at least not at depth. We had a surface current the other day which was so bad it snatched me as soon as I backrolled in, and swept me away from the boat so fast that they had to swing the banca around and come back after me just to hand me my camera! No problems after that, though, and it was very nice on the bottom. My cameras are starting to overheat from all the pictures we are taking, both above water and below. I will be posting one of my insanely exhaustive trip reports when we get back, but until then, I wish you luck with your search for arrangements. You can hardly go wrong with Asia Divers, as they are the biggest operation down here, and they really have the whole thing down cold. But, as others have said, there are many others to choose from. We used Susan at Island Dreams Travel for our non-airline arrangements, and she got us a better deal with El Galleon/Asia Divers that I could get on my own. C'mon down! You will love it here.
So long from Woody in paradise! (sort of)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom