Diving from your own boat?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is too early to tell how much diving you will actually do but I suspect that if you start doing a lot of it you'll end up buying a different boat. Yours looks like it is real nice to enjoy a pleasure day out on the water but not ideal for diving...although it could be done, I am sure.

Regardless, congrads on getting certified.

This might be a bit much but, most dive charters have O2 and trained individuals.

I think its better to plan for the worst, and not need it...than need something and not have it.

Thanks all for the feedback. The ladder on my boat is made of a heavy gauge stainless steel and it has a life time warranty. My biggest concern is how bad it will tear the boat up and I will go out with others a few time before I do it on my own boat. I have a fiberglass deck w/ snap in carpet. The boat is a 2000, not brand new. Though I do like to take care of things I own. I do own a VHF Radio and know how to use it, in case of an emergency there is always a Coast Guard or Leo near by.

I am looking at joining a diving club, I went to one of the meetings and noticed one of my instructors was the President and another one was also present at the meeting. If I went out I would make sure to get someone who is much more expeirenced than I am and who also has experience on the wreck already.

Some of the guys in the club also own boats that are geared for diving, though I would like to use every so often.

Back
Top Bottom