diving house reefs bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lynnemari

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have been reading alot of posts on bonaire, my husband and I are going there, we have never been. I have read alot about all the hotels and which ones have good house reefs. If you are staying at another hotel, can you still dive a house reef that belongs to another hotel? Do you have to pay?
Thanks
can't wait to go there!
Lynne :mermaid:

I have dove other house reefs, I always ask for permission. Capt Dons did charge 5$ last year. With all of the other dives sites available on Bonaire I don't dive house reefs except night dives. The people at Buddys actually left on their lights for us to do a night dive there and showed me how to turn them off when we left. Hows that for hospitality!

Charlie

Bonaire shore diving is legendary and when you talk to most people they don't emphasize the "urban sites". I realy enjoy the sites within Kralendijk. The resort house reefs and the waters in town make great diving. The junk and mooring anchors make for fun investigating. Chains, tires small wrecks, all covered or semi-covers with growrth and life. I recommend buying the "Bonaire Diving Made Easy" guide book by Jessie Armacost. It is a small, yellow paperback (more like a booklet) and has entry, current and profile instructions for sights marked and not marked by the "yellow rocks". Most dive shops and gift stores carry it. Have fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom