Diving in anilao oct 22.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoon:
met the husband of pia cayetano and he too is training for the mt everest trek, hes actually the leader of the expedition, same team sila?

no, the phil everest team not the same. my gosh, the phil team is politically selected and not the most deserving of the philippine lot.

Garduce is doing it alone where politics doesn't get in the way, hence a more efficient training and based on merit of his passion for the sport and not publicity as the everest team.

Sorry but the phil. everest team is not representative of the Filipino spirit, it represents Philippine Politics at work.

Filipino Spirit of Hard work and persistence in the light of adversity is a true mark of a filipino which mr. garduce represents. sadly he is supported by foreign brands more than locals due to philipipne politics. Would you beleive the sponsors/supporters of the phil team is wanting to downplay his achievement instead of support it.

paolov:
Garduce is doing it alone where politics doesn't get in the way, hence a more efficient training and based on merit of his passion for the sport and not publicity as the everest team.

He's going to do a solo ascent?

paolov:
no, the phil everest team not the same. my gosh, the phil team is politically selected and not the most deserving of the philippine lot.

Sorry but the phil. everest team is not representative of the Filipino spirit, it represents Philippine Politics at work.

Filipino Spirit of Hard work and persistence in the light of adversity is a true mark of a filipino which mr. garduce represents. sadly he is supported by foreign brands more than locals due to philipipne politics. Would you beleive the sponsors/supporters of the phil team is wanting to downplay his achievement instead of support it.

i knew nothing of this, i also never heard of mr. garduce but it seems like hes the real deal. its a shame that others would want to downplay his efforts. its just shows how some filipinos will do anything to drag down a brother. this is the worst kind of attitude(talangka mentality). oh well i hope he gets to pull it off. il will be keeping a close eye on his pursuits.

Axua:
He's going to do a solo ascent?

technically and logistically it is impossible but maybe if he did base camp to to the summit solo it would be very doable. i suggest reading 'Into thin air' written by a former survivor of a certain mt everest disaster.

Spoon:
technically and logistically it is impossible but maybe if he did base camp to to the summit solo it would be very doable. i suggest reading 'Into thin air' written by a former survivor of a certain mt everest disaster.

Ya read that book too! really good book. There is a movie based on the book which astrovision use to have. sadly wala na sa astro :(

Axua:
Ya read that book too! really good book. There is a movie based on the book which astrovision use to have. sadly wala na sa astro :(

yup it was a really good book, saw the movie in cinemax awhile back. the lead actor was the guy who played shooter mcgavin in happy gilmore.

Spoon:
yup it was a really good book, saw the movie in cinemax awhile back. the lead actor was the guy who played shooter mcgavin in happy gilmore.
SHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOTERRRRR!!!!

HAPPY_GILMORE-10.jpg

Great movie!

the best part is one of Garduce sponsor is Northface. :eek:)

did you guys notice that the only coverage he got was from GMA-7, because ABS-CBN is the official news agent of the phil team fro everest. imagine that , monopolizing a phil event and downplaying a triumph of a filipino due to politics.

http://www.thenorthface.com/aunz/news/news-romigarduce.html <--prior to Mt. Cho Oyu

http://www.manilastandardonline.com:8080/mnlastd/iserver?page=sports01_oct11_2005

this is off topic already..... oh welll we don't have the MODs powers so we can't move this and other threads to a different thread to clean up our clutter.....

let's bring it back on topic...

Spoon, mas convenient for you if I stay overnight friday in the south? I can meet you guys madrigal gate (walking distance from my tito's place).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom